Are you having trouble finding your SMS app on your Android phone? Don’t worry; you’re not alone.
Many users face this issue, especially when they switch to a new device or after a software update. In this tutorial, we’ll show you how to locate your SMS app on your Android phone.
What is an SMS App?
An SMS (Short Message Service) app is an application that allows you to send and receive text messages on your phone. It’s a default app that comes pre-installed on most Android devices. The name of the app may vary depending on the device manufacturer and the version of Android you’re running.
Where to Find My SMS App?
The location of the SMS app may differ depending on the device manufacturer and the version of Android you’re using. However, there are some common places where you can find it:
- App Drawer: The easiest way to find your SMS app is by looking in your app drawer. The app drawer is a list of all the apps installed on your device. To access it, tap on the icon that looks like a grid of dots or squares in your home screen.
- Home Screen: Depending on the device manufacturer, you may also have a shortcut for your SMS app on your home screen. Look for an icon that looks like a message bubble or has the word “Messages” written under it.
- Settings: Some devices allow you to access the SMS app from within the settings menu. To find it, go to Settings > Apps & notifications > See all apps > Messaging.
What if I Can’t Find My SMS App?
If you’ve tried all three methods above and still can’t locate your SMS app, it’s possible that it has been disabled or uninstalled. Here’s how you can check:
- Settings: Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > See all apps and look for the Messaging app. If you find it, but it’s disabled, enable it by tapping on the “Enable” button.
- Google Play Store: If you can’t find the Messaging app in your app drawer or settings menu, it’s possible that it was uninstalled. You can check if it’s available for download on the Google Play Store.
Open the Play Store app and search for “Messaging” or “SMS.” If you find the app, tap on the “Install” button to download and install it.
- Third-Party Apps: If you still can’t find your SMS app or don’t want to use the default one, there are many third-party SMS apps available in the Google Play Store. Some popular options include Textra SMS, Chomp SMS, and Android Messages.
In conclusion, finding your SMS app on your Android phone is easy once you know where to look. Most devices have the app pre-installed and located in either the app drawer or home screen. However, if you can’t locate it using these methods, check your settings menu or download a third-party SMS app from the Google Play Store.