Are you a frequent traveler or do you interact with people who speak different languages? If yes, then having an offline translator app on your Android device can be a game-changer.
With this app, you will no longer struggle to communicate with people who speak different languages. In this article, we will discuss the best offline translator app for Android that you can download and use without an internet connection.
What is an Offline Translator App?
An Offline Translator App is a mobile application that allows its users to translate between different languages without requiring an internet connection. Unlike online translators, which require an internet connection to function, offline translators rely on pre-downloaded language packs.
Why Use an Offline Translator App?
Offline translator apps are essential for anyone traveling internationally or working in multilingual environments. These apps offer the convenience of translating between languages without having to worry about expensive roaming charges or unstable internet connections. Furthermore, they are reliable and accurate in their translations.
The Best Offline Translator App for Android
After extensive research, we have determined that the best offline translator app for Android is Google Translate. Google Translate is free to download and offers over 100 languages, including Arabic, Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese and Spanish.
Features of Google Translate
1. Voice Translation: Google Translate offers voice translation for 44 of its supported languages. This feature allows users to speak into their device’s microphone and instantly receive translations in the language of their choice.
2. Camera Translation: The camera translation feature enables users to translate text from images captured by their device’s camera instantly.
3. Handwriting Translation: The handwriting feature allows users to draw characters from any language on their device’s screen and receive instant translations.
4. Phrasebook: Google Translate also includes a phrasebook feature that allows users to save frequently used phrases for easy access later.
How to Use Google Translate Offline
To use Google Translate offline, you need to download the language packs for the languages you want to translate. Here’s how:
- Open the Google Translate app on your Android device and tap on the three horizontal lines in the top-left corner of the screen.
- Select “Offline Translation” from the menu.
- Choose the language pack(s) you want to download. Note that each language pack can take up to 200MB of space on your device.
- Once downloaded, you can use Google Translate without an internet connection by selecting the languages you downloaded and entering or speaking text into the app.
In conclusion, having an offline translator app on your Android device is essential when traveling internationally or working in multilingual environments. The best offline translator app for Android is Google Translate, which offers voice translation, camera translation, handwriting translation and a phrasebook feature. With this app, you will no longer struggle to communicate with people who speak different languages.