When you switch from Android to iPhone, transferring your contacts can be a bit of a hassle. However, with the right app, it can be a breeze. Here are some of the best apps for transferring contacts from Android to iPhone:
1. Google Contacts
Google Contacts is one of the best options for transferring contacts between Android and iPhone because it’s free and easy to use. To get started, follow these steps:
- Open Google Contacts on your Android device and sign in with your Google account.
- Select the contacts you want to transfer by checking the boxes next to their names.
- Tap on the three dots in the upper right corner and select “Export”.
- Select “vCard format” and tap “Export” again.
- Email the vCard file to yourself.
- Open the email on your iPhone and tap on the vCard file attachment.
- Select “Add All Contacts” and wait for them to import into your iPhone’s Contacts app.
2. My Contacts Backup
My Contacts Backup is a paid app that costs $1.99 in the App Store. It’s a great option if you have a lot of contacts to transfer because it allows you to backup all of your contacts as a single file and then restore them on your new device.
To use My Contacts Backup, follow these steps:
- Download My Contacts Backup on your Android device from the Google Play Store.
- Open the app and tap “Backup”.
- Email yourself the backup file.
- Download My Contacts Backup on your iPhone from the App Store.
- Open the app and tap “Restore”.
- Select the backup file you emailed to yourself and wait for the contacts to import into your iPhone’s Contacts app.
3. Move to iOS
If you’re switching from Android to iPhone, Apple has an app called “Move to iOS” that can help you transfer your contacts (and other data) from your Android device to your new iPhone.
To use Move to iOS, follow these steps:
- Download Move to iOS on your Android device from the Google Play Store.
- Set up your new iPhone until you reach the “Apps & Data” screen.
- Select “Move Data from Android” and wait for a code to appear on your iPhone.
- Open Move to iOS on your Android device and enter the code displayed on your iPhone.
- Select the data you want to transfer, including contacts, and wait for the transfer process to complete.
Transferring contacts from Android to iPhone doesn’t have to be a headache. With these apps, you can easily move your contacts over without losing any important information. Whether you choose Google Contacts, My Contacts Backup, or Move to iOS, each option provides a simple way for transferring contacts between devices.