Android App Links is a feature that enables users to navigate seamlessly between native apps and websites. This feature allows app developers to specify that specific URLs should open in their app instead of a web browser.
This means that if a user clicks on a link to your website, your app will open automatically if it is installed on their device. In this article, we’ll explore what Android App Links are and how they work.
How do Android App Links work?
Android App Links are created by adding an intent filter in your app’s manifest file. This intent filter specifies which URLs should be handled by your app.
When the user clicks on an Android App Link, the operating system checks if the link matches any of the intent filters for installed apps on the device. If there’s a match, the user is redirected to your app.
Benefits of using Android App Links
Using Android App Links has several advantages over traditional deep linking methods:
- Improved user experience: Android App Links provide a seamless experience for users as they can navigate between websites and apps without any interruptions.
- Increased engagement: By opening links in your app, you can encourage users to spend more time engaging with your content.
- Better analytics: With Android App Links, you can track when users open links in your app and gain insights into how they interact with your content.
How to implement Android App Links?
To implement Android App Links, follow these steps:
- Create an intent filter for your app in the AndroidManifest.xml file.
- Add support for URL handling in your Activity.
- Create Digital Asset Link file and upload it to HTTPS website root directory
- Associate your app with the website by adding the link to the intent filter in the AndroidManifest.
- Verify the Digital Asset Links
Android App Links are a powerful feature that can improve the overall user experience and engagement with your app. By adding support for Android App Links, you can seamlessly connect your website to your app and provide a more cohesive experience for users. With increased engagement and better analytics, Android App Links are definitely worth considering for any app developer looking to provide a more seamless experience for their users.