Are you tired of poor network connectivity when making calls on your Android device? Do you want to make calls over WiFi instead?
Well, you’re in luck because there is an Android app for WiFi calling! In this article, we will discuss what WiFi calling is, how it works, and the best Android app for it.
What is WiFi Calling?
WiFi calling is a technology that allows you to make voice and video calls over a wireless internet connection instead of using a cellular network. It uses Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) to send and receive audio data over the internet. This means you can make calls from anywhere in the world as long as you have a stable internet connection.
How Does WiFi Calling Work?
To use WiFi calling, your device must support the feature first. Most modern smartphones have this functionality built-in.
Once activated, when you make a call, your phone will automatically detect if there is an available WiFi network nearby. If it finds one, it will route the call through that network instead of using cellular data.
The Benefits of Using WiFi Calling
- Better Call Quality: WiFi calling provides better call quality than traditional cellular networks because it uses high-speed internet connections.
- No Extra Charges: If you have an unlimited data plan or access to free public Wi-Fi hotspots, then using WiFi calling won’t cost anything extra.
- International Calls: You can use WiFi calling to make international calls at a fraction of the cost of traditional phone services.
The Best Android App for WiFi Calling
There are several apps available on the Google Play Store that allow you to make calls over Wi-Fi. However, one of the best options available is WhatsApp.
WhatsApp is free to download and use, and it has over 2 billion active users worldwide. In addition to messaging, WhatsApp also allows you to make voice and video calls over WiFi.
How to Use WhatsApp for WiFi Calling
To use WhatsApp for WiFi calling, follow these steps:
- Download and install the WhatsApp app on your Android device.
- Open the app and sign in with your phone number.
- Select the contact you want to call from your chat list.
- Tap on the phone icon at the top right corner of your screen.
- Select “WhatsApp Call” to make a voice call or “WhatsApp Video Call” to make a video call.
WiFi calling is a great feature that allows you to make high-quality calls over a wireless internet connection. With apps like WhatsApp available, making calls over Wi-Fi has never been easier. So go ahead, try it out, and enjoy crystal clear calls without any extra charges!