Running Android apps on a PC can be a great way to enjoy your favorite mobile games or access certain apps that are not available for desktop. While most people would turn to emulators like BlueStacks or Nox Player, there is actually a way to run Android apps on your PC without using an emulator. In this tutorial, I will guide you through the steps necessary to achieve this.
Step 1: Install Google Chrome
To run Android apps on your PC without an emulator, we will be utilizing the Google Chrome browser. If you don’t already have it installed, head over to the official Google Chrome website and download it for your operating system.
Step 2: Add ARC Welder Extension
ARC Welder is a Chrome extension that allows you to run Android apps directly in your browser. To add this extension to Google Chrome, follow these steps:
- Open Google Chrome.
- Go to the Chrome Web Store.
- In the search bar, type “ARC Welder” and hit Enter.
- Click on the “Add to Chrome” button next to the ARC Welder extension.
- A pop-up will appear asking for confirmation. Click on “Add extension”.
Step 3: Launch ARC Welder
Now that you have added ARC Welder to your Google Chrome browser, it’s time to launch it and set up your Android app:
- Click on the Apps icon in the top left corner of Google Chrome.
- You should see “ARC Welder” among your installed apps. Click on it to launch.
- ARC Welder will ask you to choose a directory to store your app data. Select a location and click on “Choose”.
Step 4: Add APK File
Now, you need the APK file of the Android app you want to run on your PC. APK files are the installation files for Android apps, similar to .exe files on Windows.
- Download the APK file of the Android app from a trusted source.
- In ARC Welder, click on “Add your APK” and navigate to the location where you saved the APK file. Select the file and click “Open”.
- ARC Welder will start processing your APK file.
Step 5: Configure App Settings
Before running your Android app, you can configure some settings in ARC Welder:
- Select the form factor. You can choose between phone or tablet mode depending on how you want your app to appear.
- Select screen orientation. Choose between portrait or landscape mode based on your preference or app requirements.
- Select input method. You can opt for either physical keyboard controls or emulate touch input using a mouse or trackpad.
Step 6: Launch Your App
You are now ready to run your Android app on your PC without an emulator:
- In ARC Welder, click on “Launch App”.
- Your chosen Android app will open in a new window within Google Chrome.
- You can now interact with the app as you would on a mobile device.
And there you have it! You have successfully run an Android app on your PC without using an emulator. Enjoy exploring the world of Android apps right from your desktop!
Remember, this method may not work perfectly for all apps as they are designed primarily for mobile devices. However, it is a great alternative if you don’t want to install a separate emulator on your PC. Happy app running!