If you’re a Firestick user, you might have come across APK files – Android application package files. You can’t download APKs directly from the Amazon Appstore, but they can be sideloaded onto your Firestick. In this tutorial, we will guide you on how to install an APK on Firestick.
What is an APK?
APK stands for Android Package Kit. It’s a file format used by Android operating systems to distribute and install mobile applications. APK files contain all of the necessary components for installing and running an app on an Android device.
Why Install an APK on Firestick?
The Amazon Appstore has a vast collection of apps, but it doesn’t have everything. By installing an APK on your Firestick, you can access apps that aren’t available in the Appstore.
How to Install an APK on Firestick?
Before we proceed with the installation process, there are a few things you need to do:
- Go to Settings > My Fire TV > Developer Options
- Turn on ADB debugging
- Turn on Apps from Unknown Sources
These settings allow you to install apps that are not available in the Amazon Appstore.
Step 1: Download the APK file
You can download the APK file from any reliable source. We recommend using a VPN service while downloading and installing third-party apps for security purposes.
Step 2: Install Downloader app
To download and install the APK file, we’ll need to use the Downloader app. If you haven’t installed it yet, follow these steps:
- From the home screen of your Firestick, go to the search bar.
- Type “Downloader” and search for it.
- Select the Downloader app from the search results.
- Click on the “Download” button to install it.
Step 3: Allow Downloader app to access files
After installing the Downloader app, we need to grant it permission to access files on your Firestick. Here’s how:
- Go to Settings > Applications > Manage Installed Applications > Downloader
- Click on “Permissions.”
- Turn on “Storage.”
Step 4: Download and install the APK file using Downloader app
Now that we’ve installed and configured the necessary apps, we can proceed with installing the APK file. Follow these steps:
- Open the Downloader app.
- In the URL field, enter the URL of the APK file you want to download.
- Click on “Download. “
- The APK file will begin downloading.
Once it’s complete, click on “Install. “
- Wait for the installation process to complete.
Now that you know how to install an APK on Firestick, you can access a whole new world of apps. Just remember to be careful when downloading and installing third-party apps and always use a VPN service for added security.