Installing APK files on your Android device is a simple and straightforward process. However, if you want to install an app that comes with OBB (Opaque Binary Blob) and data files, it can be a bit more complicated. In this tutorial, we’ll show you how to install APK with OBB and data files on your Android device.
What is OBB file?
OBB file stands for ‘Opaque Binary Blob’ and contains additional assets that are required by an Android app for proper functioning. It’s usually large in size and contains graphics, media files, or entire game levels.
Steps to install APK with OBB and Data File in Android:
1. First of all, download the APK file of the app along with its OBB and data files on your Android device.
2. Once you have downloaded all the necessary files, open the file manager app on your device.
3. Navigate to the folder where you have downloaded the APK file and tap on it to start the installation process.
4. During the installation process, you may get a message asking you to allow installation from unknown sources. If so, simply go to your device’s settings menu > security > enable ‘unknown sources’.
5. Once the app is installed, don’t launch it yet! Instead, go back to the folder where you have downloaded the OBB and data files.
6. Extract or unzip the OBB file using any file manager app or software like Winzip or Winrar.
7. Now copy/move the extracted folder (usually named ‘com.xxx.xxx’) containing all the OBB files into internal storage > Android > obb folder.
8. Next, copy/move all data files (usually named ‘com.xxx’) into internal storage > Android > data folder.
9. After copying/moving all necessary files in their respective folders, close any running apps or processes on your device.
10. Finally, launch the app that you installed earlier and wait patiently for it to load. Depending on the size of the files, it may take a while for the app to start up.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed an APK file with OBB and data files on your Android device.
Installing APK files with OBB and data files may seem like a daunting task, but it’s actually quite simple once you know how to do it. Just follow these steps carefully, and you’ll be able to enjoy your favorite Android apps without any issues.