Do you enjoy reading books on your Kindle app for Android? Did you know that you can also use the text-to-speech feature to have your books read aloud to you?
This can be a helpful feature for those who prefer to listen instead of read, or for individuals with visual impairments. In this article, we will guide you through the process of using text-to-speech on your Kindle app for Android.
Step 1: Open the Kindle App
If you haven’t already done so, download and install the Kindle app from the Google Play Store. Once installed, open the app by tapping on its icon from your home screen or app drawer.
Step 2: Choose a Book
Next, select a book that you want to listen to using text-to-speech. You can choose from your library or browse and download new books from the Kindle store. Once you’ve made your selection, tap on the book cover to open it.
Step 3: Access the Text-to-Speech Feature
With the book open, tap anywhere on the screen to bring up the reading options menu. Look for an icon that resembles a speaker or says “Text-to-Speech” and tap on it.
- Note: Not all books in your library may support text-to-speech. If this is the case, you won’t see the option in step 3.
Step 4: Customize Your Text-to-Speech Settings
After tapping on the text-to-speech icon, a settings menu will appear. Here, you can customize various aspects of how the text is read out loud:
- Voice Type: Choose from different available voices. Some voices may require additional downloads.
- Reading Speed: Adjust the speed at which the text is read aloud.
- Punctuation: Choose whether or not to include punctuation in the spoken text.
Select your preferred settings and tap on the “Play” button to start listening to your book.
Step 5: Control Text-to-Speech Playback
While listening to your book, you can control the playback using the following options:
- Pause/Play: Tap anywhere on the screen to pause or resume playback.
- Forward/Backward: Swipe left or right on the screen to skip forward or backward through the book.
- Skip Chapters: Swipe up or down on the screen to skip to different chapters in the book (if available).
Tips and Tricks
If you want to listen to your books hands-free, consider connecting a pair of Bluetooth headphones or speakers to your Android device. This way, you can enjoy your books without having to hold onto your device.
If you prefer a particular voice type, you can download additional voices for your Android device from the Google Text-to-Speech app available in the Play Store.
To stop text-to-speech playback and return to reading mode, simply tap on the “X” icon located at the top-right corner of your screen. You can always resume text-to-speech by following steps 3 and onwards again.
In conclusion, using text-to-speech on your Kindle app for Android is an excellent feature that allows you to enjoy your books in a different way. Whether you prefer to listen instead of read or have visual impairments, this feature can enhance your reading experience. Follow the steps outlined in this article, and you’ll be listening to your favorite books in no time.