If you’re someone who loves to stargaze and explore the night sky, then SkyView app is the perfect tool for you. With this app, you can identify stars, constellations, planets, and satellites in real-time by pointing your Android device at the sky. In this tutorial, we’ll guide you through the process of using SkyView app on your Android device.
Step 1: Download and Install SkyView App
The first step is to download and install the SkyView app on your Android device. You can find it on Google Play Store or download it from their official website. Once downloaded, install the app on your device.
Step 2: Launching SkyView App
After installing the app successfully, launch it from your home screen or app drawer. The first time you launch the app, it might ask for some permissions like location access and camera access. Grant all necessary permissions to ensure that the app works smoothly.
Step 3: Using SkyView App
Now that you have successfully launched the SkyView app let’s see how to use it:
To identify an object in the sky using SkyView:
- Point Your Device: Hold your device up to the sky.
- Search: Move your phone around until you see a red circle appear.
- Select: Tap on that circle to select an object.
- SkyPath: Once selected, a line will appear showing its path across the sky.
Navigating Through The App
- Pan Around: Move your finger around on your screen to pan around.
- Zoom In/Out: Pinch your fingers together or apart to zoom in or out.
- Settings: Tap the gear icon on the right side to access settings.
Using The AR Mode
SkyView also has an Augmented Reality (AR) mode that lets you see the objects directly overlaid on the camera view. To use AR mode:
- Select AR Mode: Tap the AR icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Move Your Device: Move your device around until you see an object appear in your camera view.
- Select Object: Tap on that object to select it and see its path across the sky.
SkyView is an excellent app for anyone interested in astronomy or stargazing. It’s easy to use and provides real-time information about celestial objects.
With its AR feature, it makes stargazing more fun and interactive. Try it out today and explore the wonders of our universe!