Are you tired of your Google Play Music app constantly running in the background on your Android device? Do you want to know how to turn it off?
Well, you’ve come to the right place! In this tutorial, we will guide you step-by-step on how to disable Google Play Music on Android.
Method 1: Disabling Google Play Music through App Settings
If you prefer a straightforward approach, follow these simple steps:
- Step 1: Open the settings app on your Android device. You can usually find it in the app drawer or by swiping down from the top of the screen and tapping on the gear icon.
- Step 2: Scroll down and tap on “Apps” or “Applications,” depending on your device.
- Step 3: Look for “Google Play Music” in the list of installed apps and tap on it.
- Step 4: On the App Info screen, tap on the “Disable” button. A confirmation prompt may appear; select “Disable” again to confirm.
Congratulations! You have successfully disabled Google Play Music on your Android device using the app settings. However, keep in mind that this method may vary slightly based on your device’s manufacturer and operating system version.
Method 2: Force Stopping Google Play Music
If you want to temporarily stop Google Play Music without completely disabling it, try force stopping the app using these steps:
- Step 1: Go to your phone’s settings by tapping on the gear icon in the app drawer or quick settings panel.
- Step 2: Scroll down and select “Apps” or “Applications.”
- Step 3: Find and tap on “Google Play Music” in the list of installed apps.
- Step 4: On the App Info screen, tap on the “Force Stop” button. Confirm your action if prompted.
This method will temporarily stop Google Play Music until you open the app again. It can be useful if you want to conserve battery or prevent the app from running in the background.
Method 3: Disabling Google Play Music Auto-Startup
If you don’t want Google Play Music to start automatically when you turn on your device, you can disable its auto-startup feature using these steps:
- Step 1: Open the settings app on your Android device.
- Step 2: Scroll down and tap on “Apps” or “Applications.”
- Step 3: Locate and select “Google Play Music” from the list of installed apps.
- Step 4: On the App Info screen, look for an option called “Autostart,” “Auto-launch,” or similar. Tap on it to access the auto-start settings for Google Play Music.
- Step 5: Disable the toggle switch next to “Autostart” or similar option to prevent Google Play Music from starting automatically.
This method will ensure that Google Play Music remains inactive during your device’s startup process, reducing unnecessary background processes and conserving system resources.
Now you know how to turn off Google Play Music on your Android device. Whether you prefer disabling the app through settings, force stopping it temporarily, or disabling its auto-startup feature, these methods give you control over when and how Google Play Music runs on your device.
Remember, you can always reverse these changes if you decide to use Google Play Music again in the future. Enjoy managing your apps and optimizing your Android experience!