How Do I Transfer WhatsApp From My Old Android to My New Android?
Transferring WhatsApp data from your old Android device to a new one can seem daunting, but with the right steps, it can be a smooth and hassle-free process. In this tutorial, we will walk you through the necessary steps to successfully transfer your WhatsApp data. Let’s get started!
Step 1: Backup Your WhatsApp Data
The first step in transferring your WhatsApp data is to create a backup on your old Android device. This backup will include all your chats, media files, and settings.
To create a backup:
- Open WhatsApp on your old Android device.
- Tap on the Menu icon (three vertical dots) in the top-right corner.
- Select “Settings” from the menu.
- Go to “Chats”.
- Select “Chat backup”.
- TIP: You can choose to include or exclude videos from the backup by checking or unchecking the respective option.
- TAP on “BACK UP”.
Step 2: Transfer Your Backup to Your New Android Device
Now that you have created a backup of your WhatsApp data on your old Android device, it’s time to transfer it to your new device. There are two methods to do this – using Google Drive or locally transferring the backup file.
Method 1: Using Google Drive
If you have linked your Google account with WhatsApp for automatic backups, you can easily restore your data using Google Drive.
To restore your data using Google Drive:
- Install WhatsApp on your new Android device.
- Open WhatsApp and verify your phone number.
- You will see a prompt asking if you want to restore your backup from Google Drive. Select “Restore”.
- TAP on “NEXT”.
- Your backup will now be restored, and you can access all your chats and media files on the new device.
Method 2: Locally Transferring the Backup File
If you did not use Google Drive for backups or prefer to transfer the backup file manually, you can use an external storage device or cloud storage service to transfer the backup file.
To transfer the backup file:
- Connect your old Android device to a computer using a USB cable.
- Navigate to the internal storage of your old device.
- Locate the “WhatsApp” folder.
- TIP: If you don’t see this folder, make sure you have enabled the option to show hidden files and folders in your computer’s settings.
- Copy the entire “WhatsApp” folder to an external storage device or cloud storage service like Google Drive or Dropbox.
- Eject and disconnect your old Android device from the computer.
- Connect your new Android device to the computer using a USB cable.
- Copy the “WhatsApp” folder from the external storage or cloud storage service to the internal storage of your new device.
- Install WhatsApp on your new Android device, and verify your phone number.
- You will see a prompt asking if you want to restore your backup from local storage.
Transferring your WhatsApp data from an old Android device to a new one is achievable with these simple steps. Whether you choose to use Google Drive or manually transfer the backup file, you can ensure that all your chats, media files, and settings are seamlessly transferred. Now you can enjoy using WhatsApp on your new Android device without missing out on any important conversations or memories!
We hope this tutorial has been helpful to you. If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, feel free to reach out for support.