Are you planning to switch from iPhone to Android but worried about losing your precious WhatsApp messages? Well, fret not! In this article, we will guide you on how to transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android without using a computer.
Method 1: Using the ‘Move to iOS’ App
If you have just purchased a new Android device, you can take advantage of the ‘Move to iOS’ app to transfer your WhatsApp data seamlessly. Here’s how:
- First, make sure both your iPhone and Android phone are connected to a stable Wi-Fi network.
- On your Android device, download and install the ‘Move to iOS’ app from the Google Play Store.
- Turn on your new Android phone and follow the setup process until you reach the “Apps & Data” screen. Select “Move Data from iPhone” option.
- On your iPhone, open the WhatsApp application and go to “Settings”. Tap on “Chats”, followed by “Chat Backup”. Make sure you have a recent backup available.
- Now, launch the ‘Move to iOS’ app on your Android device and tap on “Continue”.
Agree with the terms and conditions.
- On your iPhone, tap on “Continue” when prompted and wait for a verification code. Enter this code into the ‘Move to iOS’ app on your Android device.
- Select the WhatsApp data option from the list of items that can be transferred and tap “Next”.
- The transfer process will begin. Ensure that both devices remain connected to Wi-Fi until the process completes.
- Once finished, set up your Android phone as instructed. You will find all your WhatsApp messages transferred successfully.
Method 2: Using WazzapMigrator
If you have already set up your Android phone and want to transfer WhatsApp from your iPhone, you can use the WazzapMigrator app. Follow these steps:
- On your iPhone, connect it to a computer and open iTunes. Create a backup of your iPhone using iTunes.
- Download the WazzapMigrator app from the Google Play Store on your Android device.
- Connect your Android device to the computer and transfer the iTunes backup file (named ‘ChatStorage.sqlite’) to a folder on your Android device.
- Launch the WazzapMigrator app on your Android phone and tap on “Select iPhone Archive”.
Browse and select the ‘ChatStorage.sqlite’ file from the folder where you transferred it.
- The app will start processing the file and importing your WhatsApp messages. This may take some time depending on the size of your backup file.
- Once done, you will be able to access all your WhatsApp chats on your Android device.
You can now enjoy using WhatsApp on your new Android device without losing any of your precious conversations!
Please note that these methods only transfer WhatsApp messages and media. You will need to set up other data such as contacts, photos, and apps separately on your new Android phone. Additionally, these methods may not transfer calls logs or settings from WhatsApp.
We hope this article helped you in transferring WhatsApp from iPhone to Android without using a computer. Enjoy exploring all the features of your new Android device with all your cherished conversations intact!