Are you planning to switch to a new Android device and wondering how to transfer your WhatsApp messages? Well, you’re in luck!
With the help of Google Drive, transferring WhatsApp from Android to Android has never been easier. In this tutorial, we will guide you through the step-by-step process.
Step 1: Backup Your WhatsApp Data
The first thing you need to do is create a backup of your WhatsApp data on your old Android device. This backup will be stored on your Google Drive account and will allow you to restore your messages on your new device.
- Open WhatsApp: Launch the WhatsApp application on your old Android device.
- Go to Settings: Tap on the three-dot menu located at the top-right corner of the screen and select “Settings” from the dropdown menu.
- Access Chats: In the Settings menu, tap on “Chats.
- Select Chat Backup: Under the Chats menu, tap on “Chat backup. “
- Create Backup: Tap on “BACK UP” to initiate the backup process. Make sure you are connected to a stable Wi-Fi network during this process as it may consume a significant amount of data.
Step 2: Set Up Your New Android Device
Once you have successfully created a backup of your WhatsApp data, it’s time to set up your new Android device and install WhatsApp.
If You Haven’t Installed WhatsApp:
- Download WhatsApp: Open the Google Play Store on your new Android device and search for “WhatsApp. “
- Install WhatsApp: Tap on “Install” and wait for the installation process to complete.
- Open WhatsApp: Launch WhatsApp by tapping on the “Open” button.
- Verify Your Phone Number: Enter your phone number and follow the verification process. This will ensure that you can restore your WhatsApp data from the backup.
If You Already Have WhatsApp Installed:
- Open WhatsApp: Launch the WhatsApp application on your new Android device.
- Verify Your Phone Number: Enter your phone number and follow the verification process.
Step 3: Restore Your WhatsApp Data
Now that you have set up your new Android device, it’s time to restore your WhatsApp data from the Google Drive backup.
- Select Restore Option: When prompted, select the “Restore” option to retrieve your previous chat history and media files.
- Login to Google Account: Sign in to your Google Account that is linked with the same Google Drive account used for creating the backup.
- Select Backup File: Choose the most recent backup file from the list of available backups and tap on “Next.”
- Wait for Restoration: Allow some time for WhatsApp to restore your messages. The duration may vary depending on the size of your backup.
- Complete Setup: Once the restoration is complete, follow the on-screen instructions to finish setting up WhatsApp on your new device.
Congratulations! You have successfully transferred your WhatsApp messages from your old Android device to your new Android device using Google Drive. Now you can continue your conversations seamlessly without any loss of data!
Remember, this method only works if you have previously created a backup of your WhatsApp data on Google Drive. Without a backup, it won’t be possible to transfer your messages.
So, before switching to a new device, ensure that you regularly create backups to avoid any potential data loss. Happy messaging!