Are you planning to switch from an Android device to an iPhone? If so, one of the challenges you might face is transferring your Google Keep notes to your new iPhone.
Google Keep is a popular note-taking app that allows you to create and organize your notes on your Android device. In this tutorial, we will guide you on how to transfer Google Keep notes from Android to iPhone.
Method 1: Using the Google Keep App
If you already have the Google Keep app installed on your Android device, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Open the Google Keep app on your Android device.
- Step 2: Tap on the three horizontal lines in the top-left corner of the screen to open the menu.
- Step 3: Select “Settings” from the menu.
- Step 4: Tap on “Enable dark theme” if you prefer a darker interface.
- Step 5: Scroll down and tap on “Export” under the “Settings” section.
- Step 6: Choose whether you want to export all notes or specific labels. If you select specific labels, make sure to select all the labels that contain the notes you want to transfer.
- Step 7: Tap on “Export” and wait for a few moments while Google Keep prepares your notes for export.
- Note: Make sure you have enough storage space available on your device as exporting notes can take up some space.
- Step 8: Once the export is complete, tap on “Save file” when prompted. This will save a ZIP file containing all your Google Keep notes to your device.
Method 2: Using Google Takeout
If you prefer to use Google Takeout to transfer your Google Keep notes, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Open a web browser on your Android device and go to https://takeout.com.
- Step 2: Sign in with your Google account if prompted.
- Step 3: Scroll down and find “Google Keep” in the list of services. Make sure the toggle switch next to it is turned on.
- Step 4: Tap on “Next” at the bottom of the page.
- Step 5: Choose how you want to receive your exported data.
You can select “Send download link via email” or “Add to Drive”.
- Step 6: Tap on “Create export” and wait for a few moments while Google prepares your data for export.
- Note: The exporting process may take some time depending on the size of your Google Keep notes.
- Step 7: Once the export is complete, you will receive an email with a link to download your exported data. If you chose to add it to Drive, you can find it in your Drive’s root folder.
Moving from an Android device to an iPhone doesn’t have to mean leaving all your important notes behind. By following either of these methods, you can easily transfer your Google Keep notes from Android to iPhone. Whether you choose the Google Keep app or Google Takeout, you can rest assured that your notes will be safely transferred and accessible on your new iPhone.