Are you tired of using cables or third-party apps to transfer files from your Android device to your PC? Well, you’re in luck because Google has introduced a new feature called Nearby Sharing that allows you to easily transfer files wirelessly between your Android device and PC.
In this tutorial, we’ll guide you through the process of using Nearby Sharing to transfer files effortlessly. Let’s get started!
Step 1: Enable Nearby Sharing on your Android Device
To begin, make sure that both your Android device and PC have Bluetooth and Wi-Fi turned on. Then follow these steps:
- Step 1.1: Open the Settings app on your Android device.
- Step 1.2: Scroll down and tap on “Google.
- Step 1.3: Tap on “Device Connections. “
- Step 1.4: Select “Nearby Share.5: Toggle the switch to enable Nearby Sharing.
Step 2: Set Up Nearby Sharing on your PC
In order to use Nearby Sharing on your PC, ensure that you have installed the latest version of Google Chrome. Now follow these steps:
- Step 2.1: Open Google Chrome on your PC.
- Step 2.2: Type “chrome://flags” in the address bar and press Enter.3: Search for “Nearby Sharing” in the search bar.4: Enable the “Nearby Sharing” flag.5: Restart Google Chrome.
Step 3: Transfer Files using Nearby Sharing
Now that Nearby Sharing is enabled on both your Android device and PC, you can start transferring files. Follow these simple steps:
- Step 3.1: Open the file manager on your Android device.
- Step 3.2: Navigate to the file you want to transfer.3: Tap and hold the file to select it.4: Tap on the share button (usually represented by three dots or an arrow).5: Select “Nearby Share” from the list of sharing options.
Note: Your PC should be nearby and have its screen turned on for Nearby Sharing to work properly.
A notification will appear on your PC, showing that a device wants to share a file with you. Accept the request, and the file will be transferred to your PC’s Downloads folder by default.
The Wrap Up
Nearby Sharing is a convenient feature that allows you to transfer files seamlessly between your Android device and PC, without any cables or third-party apps. Simply enable Nearby Sharing on both devices, select the file you want to transfer, and voila! It’s done!
This was just a brief overview of how to use Nearby Sharing for file transfers between Android and PC using Google Chrome. Make sure to explore the settings and options to customize your experience further.
Now you can easily transfer files from your Android device to your PC using Nearby Sharing. Enjoy the hassle-free file transfer experience!