Have you ever been in a situation where your Android device’s screen is broken, but you need to transfer files from it to your computer? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered!
In this tutorial, we will guide you through the process of transferring files from an Android device with a broken screen to your computer. Let’s get started!
Gather the Required Tools
Before we begin, make sure you have the following tools ready:
- A USB cable
- A computer with Android File Transfer software (for Mac) or Windows Explorer (for Windows)
Step 1: Connect Your Device to the Computer
The first step is to connect your Android device to your computer using a USB cable. Make sure both devices are powered on.
For Mac Users:
- Download and install the Android File Transfer software from the official website.
- Connect your Android device to your Mac using a USB cable.
- Open Android File Transfer on your Mac.
For Windows Users:
- Connect your Android device to your Windows computer using a USB cable.
- On your computer, open Windows Explorer by pressing Win + E.
Step 2: Enable USB Debugging on Your Device
In order for your computer to access files on your Android device, you need to enable USB debugging. Since the screen is broken, follow these steps blindly:
- Press the Power button and Volume Down button together and hold for a few seconds until your device vibrates. This will reboot your device into recovery mode.
- Use the Volume buttons to navigate to the “Enable USB debugging” option and press the Power button to select it.
Step 3: Transfer Files Using Android File Transfer (Mac)
If you’re using a Mac, follow these steps:
- After connecting your Android device, Android File Transfer should automatically open on your Mac.
- Browse through the folders on your Android device and locate the files you want to transfer.
- Select the files you want to transfer and drag them to a folder on your computer.
Step 3: Transfer Files Using Windows Explorer (Windows)
If you’re using Windows, follow these steps:
- In Windows Explorer, you should see your Android device listed under “This PC” or “My Computer”. Click on it to access the internal storage of your device.
- Select the files you want to transfer, right-click, and choose “Copy”. Then navigate to a folder on your computer and right-click again, this time choosing “Paste” to transfer the files.
Transferring files from an Android device with a broken screen may seem daunting at first, but by following these steps, you can easily retrieve all your important data. Remember to take extra precautions in handling your damaged device.
If none of these methods work for you, consider seeking professional help or contacting customer support for further assistance. Good luck!