Have you ever experienced the frustration of a black screen on your Android device? It can be especially daunting when you need to transfer important data from your phone to your laptop.
But fear not! In this tutorial, we will guide you through the process of transferring data from your Android device to your laptop even if the screen is black.
Method 1: Using USB Debugging
If you have enabled USB debugging on your Android device before the screen went black, this method will work for you. Here’s how:
- Connect Your Android Device to Your Laptop: Use a USB cable to connect your Android device to your laptop. Make sure both devices are powered on.
- Open Command Prompt or Terminal: On your laptop, open Command Prompt (Windows) or Terminal (Mac) by searching for it in the Start menu or Applications folder.
- Type ADB Commands: In the Command Prompt or Terminal, type the following command:
This will list all the connected devices. If your device is detected, proceed to the next step.
- Pull Data from Your Android Device: Now, type the following command:
adb pull /sdcard/. This will transfer all files from the internal storage of your Android device to your laptop.
Method 2: Using Google Drive Backup
If you have enabled Google Drive backup on your Android device, you can easily retrieve your data using these steps:
- Login to Google Drive on Your Laptop: Open a web browser on your laptop and go to https://drive.com. Login with the same Google account used on your Android device.
- Click on the “Settings” Icon: In the top-right corner, click on the gear-shaped “Settings” icon and select “Settings” from the dropdown menu.
- Select “Manage Apps”: In the left sidebar, click on “Manage Apps”.
This will show a list of all apps that are backed up to Google Drive.
- Download Your Data: Find the app from which you want to retrieve data and click on it. You will see a list of files backed up by that app. Select the files you wish to download and click on the “Download” button.
Method 3: Using a Data Recovery Tool
If neither of the above methods work for you, using a data recovery tool can be your last resort. Follow these steps:
- Install a Data Recovery Tool: Download and install a reputable data recovery tool like Dr.Fone or iMobie PhoneRescue on your laptop. These tools have options specifically designed for recovering data from Android devices with black screens.
- Connect Your Android Device to Your Laptop: Launch the data recovery tool and connect your Android device to your laptop using a USB cable.
- Select Data Recovery Mode: Follow the instructions provided by the data recovery tool to put your Android device into recovery mode.
- Select Files for Recovery: Once in recovery mode, select the types of files you want to recover (e.g., photos, videos, contacts) and start the scanning process.
- Recover Your Data: After the scanning process is complete, you will be able to preview and select the files you wish to recover. Click on the “Recover” button to save the files to your laptop.
Note: It’s important to remember that data recovery tools may have limitations and there is no guarantee of 100% success. Additionally, some tools may require a purchase for full functionality.
Dealing with a black screen on your Android device can be challenging, but it doesn’t mean you have to lose all your data. By following these methods, you can successfully transfer your data from your Android device to your laptop even with a black screen. Whether it’s using USB debugging, Google Drive backup, or a data recovery tool, there is always a way to retrieve your important files.
We hope this tutorial has been helpful in guiding you through the process. Remember to always keep regular backups of your data to avoid inconvenience in such situations.