Are you wondering how to transfer data from your old Android device to the new Samsung Galaxy S21? Look no further!
In this article, we will guide you through the process step by step. Whether you’re switching devices or upgrading to the latest flagship, transferring your data is essential to ensure a seamless transition. Let’s get started!
Using Smart Switch
If you’re looking for a hassle-free method to transfer your data, Samsung’s Smart Switch app is your best bet. This app allows you to easily transfer files, contacts, messages, and more from one Android device to another. Here’s how:
- Preparation: Make sure both devices have the Smart Switch app installed. You can download it from the Google Play Store if it’s not already on your devices.
- Connect Devices: Launch the Smart Switch app on both devices and choose the same connection method – either USB cable or wireless connection.
- Select Source and Target: On your old device, select “Send data” and on the new S21, choose “Receive data”.
- Choose Transfer Method: You can transfer data directly from your old phone or use a backup file. Select your preferred method.
- Select Data: Choose the types of data you want to transfer, such as contacts, messages, photos, apps, etc.
- Start Transfer: Once everything is selected, tap “Transfer” and wait for the process to complete.
If you’re transferring large files or a significant amount of data, it may take some time. Ensure that both devices are charged or connected to a power source to avoid interruptions during the transfer.
Using Google Account
If you prefer a more manual approach, you can use your Google account to transfer certain types of data. Here’s how:
- Backup Old Device: On your old Android phone, go to Settings and navigate to “Backup & reset”. Make sure the “Backup my data” option is enabled.
- Add Google Account: On your new S21, go to Settings and add the same Google account that you used on your old device.
- Data Sync: Once the account is added, your contacts, calendar events, app data, and other synced information will be transferred automatically.
- App Installation: To reinstall your apps on the new device, open the Play Store, go to “My apps & games”, and select “Library”. From there, you can install the apps you had on your old device.
- Additional Data: For photos and files, you can use cloud storage services like Google Drive or Dropbox to sync and access them on your new device.
This method may not transfer all types of data and may require additional steps for specific apps or files. Ensure that you have backups of important data not covered by this method.
Congratulations! You’ve successfully learned how to transfer data from Android to Android S21.
Whether you choose Smart Switch or using your Google account, both methods will ensure a smooth transition between devices. Enjoy exploring your new Samsung Galaxy S21!