Are you switching from Nokia Lumia to Android and wondering how to transfer your contacts? Don’t worry, the process is easier than you might think. In this tutorial, we will guide you through the steps to transfer your contacts from Nokia Lumia to Android effortlessly.
Gather Your Contacts
The first step is to gather all your contacts from your Nokia Lumia device. You can do this by exporting your contacts to a file or syncing them with a cloud service like Microsoft Exchange or Outlook.com.
Export Contacts to File
If you prefer exporting your contacts to a file, follow these simple steps:
- Open the Contacts app on your Nokia Lumia device.
- Tap on the “..” menu icon at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Select “Settings” from the menu options.
- In the settings menu, choose “Export Contacts.”
- Select the storage location where you want to save the exported file (e.g., OneDrive, SD card).
- Save the exported file with a recognizable name (e., contacts.vcf).
Sync Contacts with Microsoft Exchange or Outlook.com
If you prefer syncing your contacts with a cloud service like Microsoft Exchange or Outlook.com, follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app on your Nokia Lumia device.
- Navigate to “Accounts & Email” or “Email + Accounts.”
- Select “Add an account” and choose either Microsoft Exchange or Outlook.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and sign in with your account credentials.
- Make sure to enable contact syncing during the setup process.
Import Contacts to Android
Now that you have your contacts exported or synced, it’s time to import them into your Android device. Here’s how:
Import Contacts from File
If you exported your contacts to a file, follow these steps:
- Connect your Android device to your computer using a USB cable.
- On your Android device, swipe down from the top of the screen and tap on “USB for charging.”
- Select “Transfer files” or “File transfer” mode.
- On your computer, navigate to the storage location where you saved the exported file (e.
- Copy the exported file (e.vcf) and paste it into a recognizable location on your Android device’s internal storage or SD card.
- Disconnect your Android device from the computer.
- Open the Contacts app on your Android device.
- Tap on the menu icon (usually represented by three dots or lines) at the top right corner of the screen.
- In the settings menu, choose “Import/Export.”
- Select “Import from storage” or a similar option depending on your device’s manufacturer and version of Android.
- Navigate to the location where you saved the exported file (e., Internal storage, SD card) and select it.
Sync Contacts with Google Account
If you synced your contacts with Microsoft Exchange or Outlook.com, follow these steps:
- On your Android device, open the Settings app.
- Navigate to “Accounts” or “Accounts & Sync.”
- Select “Add account” and choose Google.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and sign in with your Google account credentials.
Transferring contacts from Nokia Lumia to Android is a straightforward process. By following these steps, you can ensure that all your contacts are safely transferred to your new Android device. Whether you choose to export contacts to a file or sync them with a cloud service, you’ll be able to access and manage your contacts seamlessly on your new Android phone.
Remember, having your contacts readily available on your new device will make it easier for you to stay connected with friends, family, and colleagues. So don’t hesitate to transfer your contacts and enjoy the full potential of your Android smartphone!