In this tutorial, we will guide you through the process of transferring contacts from an LG Android device to an iPhone 7. This can be a daunting task if you are not familiar with the necessary steps, but fear not! We have broken it down into simple and easy-to-follow instructions.
Step 1: Export Contacts from LG Android Device
- On your LG Android device, open the Contacts app.
- Tap on the Menu icon (usually represented by three vertical dots) in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Select “Settings” or “Manage Contacts” from the dropdown menu.
- Look for an option like “Import/Export” or “Backup/Restore.”
- Choose “Export to Storage” or a similar option.
- Select where you want to save the exported contacts file (e.g., SD card or internal storage).
If your LG Android device supports syncing contacts with Google, you can skip exporting and directly sync your contacts with your Google account. Ensure that your contacts are synced before proceeding to Step 2.
Step 2: Import Contacts to iPhone 7
- iCloud Method:
Add Account on iPhone
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Select your name at the top of the Settings screen (or iCloud if using an older iOS version).
- Tap on “iCloud.”
- Login with your Apple ID and password. If you don’t have one, create a new Apple ID.
- Enable “Contacts” syncing by sliding the toggle switch to the right.
Import Contacts from LG Android
- Open a web browser on your computer and go to https://www.com.
- Login with the same Apple ID and password you used on your iPhone.
- Click on “Contacts.”
- In the bottom-left corner, click on the gear icon and select “Import vCard..”
- Browse to the location where you saved the exported contacts file from your LG Android device.
- Select the file and click “Open” or “Import.”
If you haven’t already set up your iPhone with an iCloud account, follow these steps:
Now that your iPhone is set up with iCloud, you can proceed with importing contacts:
Connect LG Android Device to Computer
- Using a USB cable, connect your LG Android device to your computer.
- If prompted on your device, choose “File Transfer” or “Transfer files.”
Export Contacts from LG Android Device
- Navigate to the location where you want to save the exported contacts file (e., desktop).
- Open the Contacts app on your LG Android device.
- Select the location you previously navigated to and save the exported contacts file.
Import Contacts to iPhone 7
- Open iTunes on your computer.
- Connect your iPhone 7 to your computer using a USB cable.
- If prompted, enter your iPhone passcode or choose “Trust This Computer. “
- Select your iPhone when it appears in iTunes.
- In the left sidebar, click on “Info.
- Check the box next to “Sync Contacts. “
- In the drop-down menu, select “Windows Contacts” if you are using Windows or select “Contacts.app” if you are using macOS.
- Click on the “Apply” or “Sync” button at the bottom-right corner of the iTunes window. This will import your contacts from the vCard file into your iPhone 7.
To transfer contacts using iTunes, you’ll need to connect your LG Android device to your computer:
You’ll need to export your contacts as a vCard file from your LG Android device:
Now that you have exported your contacts file, you can proceed with importing it into iTunes:
Note: Depending on your LG Android device model and iOS version on your iPhone 7, some steps may vary slightly. Always refer to official documentation or support resources for accurate instructions.
Congratulations! You have successfully transferred contacts from your LG Android device to your iPhone 7. Now you can enjoy all the features and benefits of having all your contacts conveniently accessible on your new device.