Are you switching from an iPhone to an Android device and wondering how to transfer your contacts? Look no further!
In this tutorial, we will guide you through the process of transferring your iPhone contacts to Google Drive on your Android device. Let’s get started!
Step 1: Exporting Contacts from iPhone
The first step is to export your contacts from your iPhone. Follow these steps:
- Step 1: Open the “Settings” app on your iPhone.
- Step 2: Scroll down and tap on “Contacts”.
- Step 3: Tap on “Accounts”.
- Step 4: Select “Google” if you already have a Google account linked, otherwise tap on “Add Account” and follow the instructions to add a Google account.
- Step 5: Make sure the “Contacts” toggle is enabled for the Google account.
If you have multiple accounts linked, ensure that Google is selected as the default account for syncing contacts.
Step 2: Importing Contacts to Google Drive Android
In this step, we will import the contacts exported from your iPhone into your Android device using Google Drive. Here’s what you need to do:
- Step 1: Download and install the “Google Drive” app from the Play Store if you haven’t already.
- Step 2: Launch the “Google Drive” app on your Android device.
- Step 3: Tap on the “+” button at the bottom right corner of the screen and select “Upload”.
- Step 4: Locate the exported contacts file on your device and tap on it to select it.
- Step 5: Tap on the “Upload” button to start uploading the file to your Google Drive.
The file containing your contacts should have a “.vcf” extension. If it doesn’t, you may need to convert it to the VCF format before proceeding with this step.
Step 3: Importing Contacts into Google Contacts
The final step is to import the contacts from Google Drive into Google Contacts on your Android device. Follow these steps:
- Step 1: Open a web browser on your Android device and navigate to https://contacts.com/.
- Step 2: Sign in with the same Google account you used in Step 1.
- Step 3: Click on the “Import” button located in the left sidebar.
- Step 4: Select “Google Drive” from the list of options.
- Step 5: Locate and select the exported contacts file from your Google Drive.
If prompted, grant permission for Google Contacts to access your Google Drive. Also, make sure that you have sufficient storage space available in your Google account for importing the contacts.
Congratulations! You have successfully transferred your iPhone contacts to Google Drive on your Android device. You can now access your contacts by opening the Google Contacts app or by visiting
8 Related Question Answers Found