Are you an audiobook lover who has recently switched from an iPhone to an Android device? If so, you might be wondering how to transfer your beloved audiobooks from iTunes to your new Android phone. In this tutorial, we will guide you through the process step by step.
Gather Your Materials
Before we dive into the transfer process, let’s make sure you have everything you need:
- An Android phone
- A computer with iTunes installed
- A USB cable to connect your Android phone to your computer
Convert Audiobooks to MP3 Format
iTunes uses a format called M4B for audiobooks, which is not compatible with Android devices. Therefore, we need to convert the M4B files to MP3 format.
- Open iTunes on your computer and select the audiobooks you want to transfer.
- Go to the “File” menu and choose “Convert” > “Create MP3 Version”.
- Wait for the conversion process to complete. This might take a few minutes depending on the number and length of your audiobooks.
Connect Your Android Phone
Now, it’s time to connect your Android phone to your computer using a USB cable. Ensure that both devices are unlocked before proceeding.
Select File Transfer Mode on Android Phone
When connected, swipe down from the top of your screen on your Android phone. Look for a notification that says “USB charging this device”. Tap on it and choose “File transfer” or “Transfer files” option from the list.
Transfer Audiobooks to Android
With your Android phone connected and in file transfer mode, follow these steps to transfer your audiobooks:
- Open the File Explorer or Finder on your computer.
- Navigate to the location where your iTunes audiobooks are stored. The default location is usually “Music” > “iTunes” > “iTunes Media” > “Audiobooks”.
- Select the converted MP3 audiobook files you want to transfer.
- Copy the selected files by right-clicking and choosing “Copy” or using the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+C (Windows) or Command+C (Mac).
- Navigate to your Android phone’s storage in the File Explorer or Finder.
- Paste the copied audiobook files into a folder on your Android phone. You can create a new folder specifically for audiobooks if desired.
Access Audiobooks on Your Android Phone
Congratulations! You have successfully transferred your audiobooks from iTunes to your Android phone. Now, let’s learn how to access them:
- Disconnect your Android phone from your computer.
- Open a file manager app on your Android phone (e.g., Google Files, ES File Explorer).
- Navigate to the folder where you pasted the audiobook files.
- You should see all the transferred audiobook files listed in this folder.
Listen to Audiobooks with an App
To enjoy a smooth listening experience, it’s recommended to use a dedicated audiobook player app from the Google Play Store. There are various options available, including:
- Smart Audiobook Player: A feature-rich audiobook player with customizable playback options.
- Librivox Audio Books: A free app that offers a vast collection of public domain audiobooks.
- Audible: Amazon’s audiobook platform that provides a massive selection of audiobooks for purchase.
Simply install your preferred app from the Google Play Store, and it will automatically detect and organize your transferred audiobook files.
Transferring audiobooks from iTunes to Android might seem like a daunting task at first, but by following our step-by-step guide, you can easily enjoy your favorite stories on your new Android phone. Remember to convert the files to MP3 format and use a file manager app along with an audiobook player for the best experience. Happy listening!