Do you find yourself frustrated with your app icons constantly moving around on your Android device? It can be a real headache trying to find the app you need when it’s not where you left it.
Fortunately, there are some simple steps you can take to prevent those pesky icons from moving around. In this tutorial, we’ll walk you through the process of stopping your app icons from moving on Android.
Step 1: Disable App Suggestions
One of the main reasons why your app icons may be moving around is because of an Android feature called “App Suggestions.” This feature automatically predicts which apps you’re most likely to use and places them in a prominent location on your home screen.
While this can be helpful in some cases, it can also cause your other app icons to move around. Here’s how to disable it:
1. Long-press on any empty space on your home screen.
2. Select “Home settings” from the menu that appears.
3. Scroll down and toggle off “App Suggestions.”
Step 2: Lock Your Home Screen
Another way to prevent your app icons from moving is by locking your home screen. When your home screen is locked, any changes made to it will be prevented, including the movement of app icons. Here’s how to lock your home screen:
1. Scroll down and select “Lock Home screen layout.”
Step 3: Organize Your App Icons
Finally, one of the best ways to prevent app icons from moving around is by organizing them in a logical manner. This can help you find the app you need more easily and also prevent accidental movement of the icons. Here are some tips for organizing your app icons:
- Group similar apps together: For example, place all your social media apps in one folder.
- Create shortcuts: You can create shortcuts to your most frequently used apps and place them on your home screen.
- Use widgets: Widgets are interactive app previews that can be placed on your home screen. They can provide quick access to important information or functions.
By following these simple steps, you can stop your app icons from moving around on Android. Whether you disable App Suggestions, lock your home screen, or organize your app icons, there’s a solution that will work for you. So take control of your home screen and say goodbye to those pesky moving icons!