Have you ever been using an Android app and suddenly it crashes? It can be frustrating when that happens, especially if you were in the middle of doing something important.
The good news is that there are several ways to restart an Android app after a crash. In this tutorial, we’ll explore some of the most effective methods for getting your app back up and running.
Method 1: Restarting the app manually
The easiest way to restart an Android app after it crashes is to do it manually. Here’s how:
- Press the Home button on your device to go to the home screen.
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen to open the app drawer.
- Find the app that crashed, and then tap and hold on its icon.
- Select “App info” or “i” from the menu that appears.
- Tap on “Force stop.”
- Tap on “OK” to confirm that you want to force stop the app.
- Go back to your home screen and find the app again.
- Tap on its icon to open it. The app should now start up normally.
Method 2: Clearing cache and data
If restarting the app manually doesn’t work, you can try clearing its cache and data. Here’s how:
- Go to “Settings” on your device.
- Select “Apps & notifications. “
- Find the app that crashed, and then tap on it.
- Select “Storage & cache.
- Select “Clear cache” and then tap on “Clear storage. “
- Tap on “OK” to confirm that you want to clear the app’s data.
- Restart your device and then try opening the app again. It should start up normally.
Method 3: Updating the app
Sometimes, a crash can occur because your app is out of date. To fix this, you can try updating the app to its latest version. Here’s how:
- Go to “Google Play Store” on your device.
- Select “My apps & games.
- If there is an update available, you will see an “Update” button next to it.
Tap on this button.
- The update will begin downloading and installing automatically. Once it’s finished, try opening the app again.
In conclusion, there are several ways to restart an Android app after it crashes. You can do it manually by force stopping the app and then reopening it, or you can clear its cache and data to fix any underlying issues. Additionally, updating the app to its latest version can also help prevent future crashes from occurring.
If none of these methods work for you, you may want to consider contacting the developer of the app for further assistance. With these steps in mind, you should be able to get your favorite Android apps back up and running quickly after a crash.