Are you an avid reader who loves to explore new books? If so, you might have come across EPUB files, a popular format for eBooks. EPUB files offer a convenient way to carry your favorite books in a digital format. But what if you prefer reading on your Android device using the Kindle app?
Can you open EPUB files on the Kindle app? The answer is yes! In this tutorial, we will guide you through the process of opening EPUB files on the Android Kindle app.
Step 1: Download a Third-Party EPUB Reader
Before we can open EPUB files on the Kindle app, we need to install a third-party EPUB reader. One such popular app is “ReadEra,” which is available for free on the Google Play Store. To install it, follow these steps:
- Open the Google Play Store app on your Android device.
- Search for “ReadEra” in the search bar at the top of the screen.
- Select “ReadEra” from the search results.
- Tap on “Install” to download and install the app.
Step 2: Locate and Open the EPUB File
Once you have installed an EPUB reader like ReadEra, it’s time to locate and open your desired EPUB file:
- Navigate to your preferred file manager app or any other location where you have saved your EPUB file.
- Select the desired EPUB file by tapping on it once. You may need to long-press the file and select “Open with” if prompted.
- Choose the ReadEra app from the list of available apps.
- Wait for the EPUB file to load in ReadEra.
Step 3: Export EPUB to Kindle Format
Now that you have successfully opened your EPUB file in ReadEra, it’s time to export it to a format compatible with the Kindle app. Follow these steps:
- Tap on the menu icon (three horizontal lines) located at the top-left corner of the screen.
- Select “Export” from the menu options.
- Choose “MOBI” as the export format. MOBI is a format supported by Kindle devices and apps.
- Select a desired location to save the exported file, such as your device’s Downloads folder.
- Name your exported file and tap on “Export” or “Save” to begin the conversion process.
Step 4: Open MOBI File in Kindle App
Congratulations! You have successfully converted your EPUB file into a compatible format for the Kindle app. Now, let’s open it using the Kindle app:
- Navigate to your device’s file manager or any other location where you saved the exported MOBI file.
- Select the MOBI file by tapping on it once. Again, you may need to long-press and select “Open with” if prompted.
- Choose the Kindle app from the list of available apps.
- Wait for the MOBI file to load in the Kindle app.
In conclusion, opening EPUB files on the Android Kindle app is possible with a few simple steps. By installing a third-party EPUB reader like ReadEra and converting the EPUB file to a compatible format, such as MOBI, you can enjoy your favorite books seamlessly on the Kindle app.
Now, you can carry your entire eBook library wherever you go and read it using your Android device. Happy reading!