Installing Google Play on an Amazon Fire Tablet can be a game-changer for users who want access to a wider range of apps and games. But, as you might imagine, it’s not as straightforward as downloading the app from the Amazon Appstore. In this tutorial, we’ll guide you through the process of installing the Google Play APK on your Amazon Fire Tablet, step-by-step.
Step 1: Allow Installation of Unknown Sources
Before you can install any app that isn’t from the Amazon Appstore, you need to allow your device to install apps from unknown sources. To do this:
- Open “Settings” on your Fire Tablet.
- Select “Security & Privacy.”
- Toggle “Apps from Unknown Sources” to “On.”
Step 2: Download the Google Play APK
The second step is to download the Google Play APK file onto your device. You can do this using any browser or download manager app that you prefer. Here are some popular websites where you can download the latest version of Google Play Services:
Make sure that you download the latest version of both “Google Account Manager” and “Google Services Framework” along with the Google Play APK.
Step 3: Install Google Account Manager and Google Services Framework
Before you install the Google Play APK, you need to install the Google Account Manager and Google Services Framework APKs. Here’s how:
- Download the latest version of Google Account Manager and Google Services Framework from the same website that you downloaded the Google Play APK.
- Open “File Manager” on your Fire Tablet.
- Go to the “Downloads” folder and select all three APK files that you downloaded.
- Install them one by one in this order: Google Account Manager, Google Services Framework, and finally, the Google Play APK.
Step 4: Sign in to Your Google Account
Once you’ve installed all three APKs, open the “Google Play Store” app on your device. You’ll be prompted to sign in with your Google account credentials. If you don’t have a Google account, create one now.
Step 5: Update Your Apps
Congratulations! You now have access to the wide range of apps and games available on the Google Play Store.
But before you start downloading anything, make sure that all of your pre-installed apps are up-to-date. To do this:
- Open the “Google Play Store” app on your device.
- Select “My apps & games.”
- If there are any updates available for your installed apps, update them.
If you encounter any issues during this process or if some of your favorite apps don’t work properly after installing them from the Play Store, try installing an alternative app store like Aptoide or F-Droid.
Installing the Google Play APK on an Amazon Fire Tablet can be a bit tricky but it’s definitely worth the effort. With the Google Play Store, you’ll have access to thousands of apps and games that aren’t available on the Amazon Appstore. We hope that this tutorial has been helpful in guiding you through the process.