If you have an Amazon FireStick, it’s likely that you want to install some of your favorite apps on it. However, not all apps are available on the Amazon App Store.
In such cases, you can install APK files on your FireStick to access a wider range of apps. In this tutorial, we’ll take a look at how to install APK files on your Amazon FireStick.
What is an APK File?
An APK file is an Android application package file that contains the code, resources, and manifest file needed to install and run an app on an Android device. As Amazon FireStick runs on a modified version of Android OS, you can also install APK files on it.
Enabling Apps from Unknown Sources
Before you can start installing APK files, you need to enable the installation of apps from unknown sources. Here’s how:
- Go to “Settings” from the home screen of your FireStick
- Select “My Fire TV” or “Device”
- Select “Developer options”
- Turn on “Apps from Unknown Sources”
Downloading and Installing Downloader App
The next step is to download and install the Downloader app on your FireStick. It’s a free app available on the Amazon App Store that lets you download and sideload apps onto your device. Here’s how:
- From the home screen of your FireStick, go to the search bar
- Type in “Downloader” and select it from the search results
- Select “Download”
- After installation is complete, select “Open”
Downloading and Installing APK Files using Downloader App
Now that you have the Downloader app installed, you can use it to download and install APK files. Here’s how:
- Open the Downloader app on your FireStick
- Select “Allow” when prompted with the permission request
- In the URL field, enter the URL of the APK file you want to download
- Select “Go”
- The Downloader app will start downloading the APK file
- Once the download is complete, select “Install”
- Select “Done” or “Open” once installation is complete
That’s it! You can now install APK files on your Amazon FireStick and enjoy a wider range of apps.
However, be cautious when downloading and installing apps from unknown sources as they may harm your device. Always ensure that you’re downloading APK files from trusted sources and keep your device protected with a reliable antivirus program.