If you want to install an APK file on your Android device using Chrome, you can do so with ease. APK files are package files used for installing apps on Android devices, and they’re not available on the Google Play Store. In this tutorial, we’ll take a look at how to install APK files on Android Chrome.
Step 1: Find the APK file
First, you need to find the APK file you want to install. You can download it from a website or transfer it from another device via Bluetooth or USB cable. Once you have the APK file on your device, proceed with the next steps.
Step 2: Enable Unknown Sources
Before you can install an APK file, you need to enable Unknown Sources in your device’s settings. This allows installation of apps from sources other than the Google Play Store.
- Open your device’s Settings app.
- Select “Security & privacy” or “Biometrics & security” depending on your device.
- Select “Install unknown apps”.
- Choose Chrome from the list of apps.
- Toggle the switch next to “Allow from this source”.
Step 3: Install the APK file
Now that Unknown Sources is enabled for Chrome, you can proceed with installing the APK file.
Method 1: Direct Install
- Open Chrome and navigate to the folder where you saved the APK file.
- Select the APK file.
- A dialog box will appear asking if you want to install this application. Select “Install”.
- The installation process will begin and once completed, select “Open” or navigate to your app drawer to find and open the app.
Method 2: Using a File Manager
If you don’t want to use the direct install method, you can also use a file manager to install the APK file.
- Open your device’s file manager app.
- Navigate to the folder where you saved the APK file.
Step 4: Disable Unknown Sources
After installing the APK file, it’s a good practice to disable Unknown Sources for security reasons.
Note: Keep in mind that installing APK files from unknown sources can be risky and may harm your device. Always download APK files from trusted sources like Google Play Store or reliable websites.
installing an APK file on Android Chrome is a simple process that requires enabling Unknown Sources and following a few simple steps. Once installed, you can enjoy using apps that are not available on Google Play Store.