How Do I Install Android on Android TV Box?
The Android TV Box is a versatile device that allows you to turn your regular TV into a smart TV. It runs on the Android operating system, which means you can enjoy all the benefits of Android apps and features on your big screen.
However, if you’re looking to update or reinstall the Android version on your Android TV Box, we’ve got you covered. In this tutorial, we’ll guide you through the process step-by-step.
Before You Begin
Before we dive into the installation process, there are a few things you need to keep in mind:
- Ensure that your Android TV Box is connected to a stable internet connection.
- Make sure you have a USB drive with sufficient storage capacity (at least 2GB).
- Back up any important data on your Android TV Box as this process may erase all existing data.
Step 1: Download the Firmware
The first step is to download the firmware for your specific Android TV Box model. You can usually find this information on the manufacturer’s website or by doing a quick internet search. Once you’ve located the firmware file, download it onto your computer.
Step 2: Prepare the USB Drive
Next, insert your USB drive into your computer and format it using FAT32 or NTFS file system. This will ensure compatibility with your Android TV Box. After formatting, create a new folder on the USB drive and name it something like “Android Firmware”.
Step 3: Copy Firmware to USB Drive
Navigate to the location where you downloaded the firmware file in Step 1. Copy the firmware file and paste it into the “Android Firmware” folder on your USB drive. Make sure the file is directly inside the folder and not in any subfolders.
Step 4: Connect USB Drive to Android TV Box
Now, safely remove the USB drive from your computer and insert it into one of the available USB ports on your Android TV Box.
Step 5: Start Installation
With the USB drive connected, power on your Android TV Box. It should automatically detect the firmware file on the USB drive and prompt you to start the installation process. Follow any on-screen instructions to proceed.
Step 6: Wait for Installation to Complete
The installation process may take a few minutes, so be patient and avoid powering off or disconnecting your Android TV Box during this time. Once the installation is complete, you’ll see a confirmation message on your screen.
Step 7: Reboot Your Android TV Box
After successfully installing the new Android version, you’ll need to reboot your Android TV Box. Simply power it off and then turn it back on again.
If you encounter any issues during or after the installation process, here are a few troubleshooting tips:
- Make sure you’ve downloaded the correct firmware for your specific Android TV Box model.
- Double-check that the firmware file is placed directly in the “Android Firmware” folder on your USB drive.
- If possible, try using a different USB drive or reformatting it before copying over the firmware file.
- Contact customer support for your Android TV Box manufacturer if you’re still experiencing problems.
That’s it! You’ve successfully installed Android on your Android TV Box.
Enjoy exploring the wide range of apps and features now available on your smart TV. Happy streaming!