If you own a Sony Bravia Smart TV, you might be wondering how to install Android apps on the device. In this tutorial, we will guide you through the steps to download and install Android apps on your Sony Bravia Smart TV.
Step 1: Enable Unknown Sources
Before installing any third-party app on your Sony Bravia Smart TV, you need to enable “Unknown sources” in the TV settings. This will allow you to download and install apps from sources other than the Google Play Store.
- Go to your Sony Bravia Smart TV’s home screen and click on the “Settings” icon.
- Select “Security & restrictions. “
- Scroll down and select “Unknown sources. “
- Click “OK” when prompted.
Step 2: Download the App
Now that you have enabled “Unknown sources,” it’s time to download the app you want to install on your Sony Bravia Smart TV. You can download Android apps from various sources on the internet. Here are some popular websites to get started:
- APKMirror.com: This website provides a wide range of Android apps that are safe and free to download.
- Aptoide.com: Aptoide is another popular website that offers a plethora of Android apps for free.
- Amazon Appstore: If you have an Amazon account, you can access their app store for Android devices.
Once you have found a reliable source for downloading Android apps, navigate to the website using your Sony Bravia Smart TV’s web browser.
Step 3: Install the App
After downloading an APK file from a reliable source, it’s time to install the app. Here’s how:
- Go to your Sony Bravia Smart TV’s home screen and click on the “Apps” icon.
- Select “All Apps.
- Scroll down and select the “Google Play Store” app.
- In the Google Play Store, search for a file manager app like “ES File Explorer. “
- Download and install the file manager app.
- Open the file manager app and navigate to the folder where you saved the downloaded APK file.
- Select the APK file and click on “Install. “
Step 4: Run the App
Once you have installed an Android app on your Sony Bravia Smart TV, it should appear in your list of apps. You can run the app by clicking on its icon from your TV’s home screen.
Installing Android apps on your Sony Bravia Smart TV is easy once you have enabled “Unknown sources” in your settings. By following these simple steps, you can download and install any Android app on your TV that is not available in the Google Play Store. Just be sure to download apps from reliable sources to ensure safety and security.