If you’re an iPhone user, you may have encountered a situation where you come across an interesting app that’s not available on the App Store. This is because the App Store only allows apps that meet Apple’s strict guidelines and are approved by them.
However, there is a way you can install apps on your iPhone from sources other than the App Store. In this tutorial, we’ll show you how to install an APK file on your iPhone.
What is an APK file?
An APK file is an Android Package Kit that contains all the necessary files required to install and run an Android app. It’s equivalent to the .exe file in Windows or .dmg file in macOS. However, iOS doesn’t support APK files natively, which means you can’t simply download and install them on your iPhone.
Step 1: Download a third-party app store
To install an APK file on your iPhone, you need to download a third-party app store that supports running Android apps on iOS. There are several options available such as TweakBox, TutuApp, and AppValley. For this tutorial, we’ll use TweakBox.
- Visit TweakBox’s website from Safari browser.
- Tap “Install Now” button to download TweakBox.
- After downloading it, go to Settings > General > Profiles & Device Management.
- Select TweakBox Profile and tap “Trust”.
Note: Since these third-party app stores aren’t available on the App Store due to Apple’s strict guidelines, they may not be entirely safe. So be cautious when downloading apps from these stores.
Step 2: Install APK file using TweakBox
Once you’ve downloaded and installed TweakBox successfully on your iPhone, follow these steps to install an APK file:
- Open TweakBox and search for “Android apps”.
- Select the app you want to install.
- Tap “Install” button next to the app and wait for it to download.
- After downloading, go to Settings > General > Profiles & Device Management.
- Select the profile associated with the app you just installed and tap “Trust”.
- You can now open the app and use it on your iPhone.
Note: Some apps may not work properly or crash frequently since they weren’t designed to run on iOS.
Installing an APK file on an iPhone requires a bit of effort compared to installing an app from the App Store. However, it’s still possible with third-party app stores like TweakBox. Just be cautious when downloading apps from these stores as they may not be entirely safe.