Installing an APK file on your Android TV Box can be a great way to access new and exciting apps that are not available on the Google Play Store. APKs are application packages that contain all the necessary files for installing an app on your device. In this tutorial, we will guide you through the process of installing an APK file on your Android TV Box.
Step 1: Enable Unknown Sources
Before you can install an APK file on your Android TV Box, you need to enable Unknown Sources in your device settings. This setting allows the installation of apps from sources other than the Google Play Store.
Here is how you can enable Unknown Sources:
- Go to Settings
- Select Security & Restrictions
- Toggle On the option called “Unknown sources”
Step 2: Download The APK File
Once you have enabled Unknown Sources, you can download the APK file from any reliable source such as apkmirror.com or apkpure.com. Make sure to download the latest version of the app, and always verify its source before downloading.
Here’s how you can download an APK file:
- Open a web browser on your Android TV Box
- Navigate to a reliable website that offers free APK downloads like apkmirror.com
- Select the app that you want to download and click on its link to start downloading it.
Step 3: Install The APK File
After downloading the APK file, navigate to its location using a file browser app like ES File Explorer or X-plore File Manager. Click on it and select Install.
Here’s how you can install an APK file:
- Open a file browser app on your Android TV Box
- Navigate to the location where you have downloaded the APK file
- Click on the APK file to begin the installation process
- Follow the prompts and click on Install when prompted.
Now you know how to install an APK file on your Android TV Box. Remember to always download APK files from reliable sources, and enable Unknown Sources before attempting to install them. With these simple steps, you can access a whole range of new apps that are not available on the Google Play Store.