If you’re an Android user, you might have come across the term APK file. An APK file is a package of apps that can be installed on an Android device. Anbox is an open-source platform that enables you to run Android applications on your Linux desktop.
In this tutorial, we’ll be discussing how to install an APK file in Anbox.
Step 1: Install Anbox
Before installing an APK file, you need to have Anbox installed on your system. If you haven’t installed it yet, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Open your terminal and type the command “sudo apt install -y anbox-modules-dkms” to install the required modules.
- Step 2: Next, type the command “sudo snap install –devmode –beta anbox” to install Anbox.
- Step 3: After installing Anbox, run the command “anbox.appmgr” in your terminal to launch the application manager.
Step 2: Download the APK File
Once you have installed Anbox, the next step is to download the APK file that you want to install. You can download any APK file from a trusted source or use your own APK file.
Step 3: Install the APK File
After downloading the APK file, follow these steps to install it on Anbox:
- Step 1: Launch Anbox on your Linux desktop by running “anbox.appmgr” in your terminal.
- Step 2: In the application manager window, click on “Add Application” located at the bottom of the screen.
- Step 3: Browse and select the downloaded APK file from your system.
- Step 4: Click on “Open” to start installing the APK file.
- Step 5: Wait for the installation process to complete. Once done, you can launch the installed application from the Anbox application manager.
In this tutorial, we discussed how to install an APK file in Anbox. We learned how to install Anbox on Linux and download an APK file. Finally, we went through a step-by-step guide on how to install an APK file in Anbox.
Using these simple steps, you can easily install your favorite Android apps on your Linux desktop using Anbox.