If you own a Mi TV and are looking to download APK files, then this guide is for you. APK files allow you to install apps that are not available on the Google Play Store. In this tutorial, we will go through the steps of downloading APK files on your Mi TV.
Step 1: Enable Unknown Sources
First things first, you need to enable Unknown Sources on your Mi TV. This option allows you to install apps from sources other than the Google Play Store. Here’s how to do it:
- Go to Settings
- Select Device Preferences
- Click on Security & Restrictions
- Toggle on Unknown Sources
Step 2: Download a File Manager App
Now that Unknown Sources is enabled, you need a file manager app that can access the APK file. There are many file manager apps available on the Google Play Store, but since we’re downloading an APK file, we’ll need a file manager that supports it. Here’s what you need to do:
- Open the Google Play Store app on your Mi TV
- Search for “File Commander” or any other file manager app that supports APK files
- Download and Install the app
Step 3: Download and Install an APK File
Once you have downloaded and installed a file manager app that supports APK files, it’s time to download and install an APK file. Here’s how:
- Open your web browser on your Mi TV and go to any website from where you can download an APK file.
- Select the desired apk file and click on download.
- Once the download is complete, open the file manager app
- Navigate to the Download folder on your Mi TV and select the downloaded APK file
- Click on Install and wait for the installation to complete
- After installation is complete, click on Done or Open depending upon your preference
Downloading APK files on your Mi TV is easy once you have enabled Unknown Sources and installed a file manager app that supports APK files. Remember to be cautious when downloading APK files from unknown sources as they may contain malicious software. By following this guide, you can now download and install apps that are not available on the Google Play Store.