Are you tired of using the default calling app on your Android 10 device? Do you want to change it to a more user-friendly or feature-rich alternative? In this tutorial, we will guide you through the process of changing the default calling app on Android 10, step by step.
Why Change the Default Calling App?
The default calling app that comes pre-installed on your Android device might not always offer all the features and customization options you desire. By changing the default calling app, you can enhance your calling experience with additional functionalities and a more personalized interface.
Step 1: Installing a New Calling App
The first step is to find and install an alternative calling app from the Google Play Store. There are numerous options available, such as Truecaller, Google Voice, or Skype. Choose the one that suits your preferences and download it onto your device.
Once downloaded, open the new calling app and follow any initial setup instructions provided by the app. This usually involves granting necessary permissions for accessing contacts and making calls.
Step 2: Changing the Default Calling App
To change the default calling app on Android 10, follow these simple steps:
- Go to Settings: Open the Settings app on your Android device. You can do this by tapping on the gear-shaped icon in your app drawer or by swiping down from the top of your screen and selecting “Settings” from the quick settings menu.
- Select Apps & Notifications: In the Settings menu, scroll down and tap on “Apps & Notifications.” This option might be named differently depending on your device manufacturer.
- Tap Default Apps: Within the Apps & Notifications menu, locate and tap on “Default Apps.” This option is usually found towards the bottom of the list.
- Choose Calling App: Under the Default Apps menu, look for the option labeled “Phone App” or “Calling App.”
Tap on it to open a list of available calling apps.
- Select New Calling App: From the list of available calling apps, choose the newly installed app that you want to set as your default. You may need to scroll through the list to find it. Once selected, a confirmation prompt will appear.
- Confirm Your Selection: In the confirmation prompt, you will be asked if you want to set the selected app as your default calling app. Tap on “Yes” or “Set as default” to confirm your selection.
That’s it! You have successfully changed the default calling app on your Android 10 device.
In this tutorial, we have shown you how to change the default calling app on Android 10. By installing and selecting a new calling app from the settings menu, you can enjoy a more customized and feature-rich calling experience. Remember, if you ever want to revert back to the default calling app, simply follow these steps again and choose “Phone” or “Default” in step 4.
Now go ahead and explore different calling apps available in the market to find one that suits your needs and preferences!