Are you tired of advertisements popping up on your Android device? These ads can be frustrating and disruptive, but thankfully there are ways to block them without using an app. In this tutorial, we will show you how to block ads on your Android device using built-in features and settings.
Block Ads on Chrome
If you primarily use Google Chrome as your web browser, you can easily block ads by following these steps:
- Open the Chrome app on your Android device.
- Tap the three dots in the top right corner.
- Select “Settings” from the drop-down menu.
- Scroll down and select “Site settings.”
- Select “Pop-ups and redirects.”
- Toggle the switch to turn off pop-ups and redirects.
With this setting enabled, you won’t see any more pop-up ads or redirects while browsing with Google Chrome.
Block Ads on Firefox
If you use Firefox as your web browser, you can also block ads without an app. Here’s how:
- Open the Firefox app on your Android device.
- Select “Enhanced Tracking Protection.”
- Select “Custom” from the options presented.
- Note: You can choose between Standard, Strict, and Custom levels of protection. We recommend selecting Custom so you can enable blocking for a variety of ad trackers.
With these settings enabled, Firefox will block ads and ad trackers when you browse the web.
Block Ads on Samsung Internet
If you use the Samsung Internet app as your web browser, you can follow these steps to block ads:
- Open the Samsung Internet app on your Android device.
- Tap the three dots in the bottom right corner.
- Select “Sites and downloads.”
- Toggle off the switch to turn off pop-ups and redirects.
With this setting enabled, Samsung Internet will block pop-up ads and redirects.
Blocking ads on your Android device can be done without installing an app. By using built-in features and settings in popular web browsers like Chrome, Firefox, and Samsung Internet, you can enjoy a more seamless browsing experience without interruptions from pesky ads.