Are you tired of using a traditional remote control to navigate your Android TV? Did you know that you can actually use your iPhone as a mouse for your Android TV?
This innovative feature allows you to control your Android TV with the touch of your fingertips. In this article, we will guide you through the simple steps to set up and use your iPhone as a mouse for your Android TV.
Before we get started, there are a few things you’ll need:
- An iPhone running iOS 11 or later
- An Android TV with built-in Chromecast or a separate Chromecast device connected to your TV
- The latest version of the Google Home app installed on both your iPhone and Android TV
Step 1: Connect Your iPhone and Android TV to the Same Wi-Fi Network
In order for your iPhone to communicate with your Android TV, both devices need to be connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Make sure that both devices are connected to the same network before proceeding to the next step.
Step 2: Download and Install the Google Home App on Your iPhone
If you haven’t already, go to the App Store on your iPhone and search for “Google Home”. Download and install the app on your device. Once installed, open the app and sign in with your Google account.
Step 3: Set Up Chromecast on Your Android TV
If you haven’t set up Chromecast on your Android TV yet, follow these steps:
- On your Android TV, open the Google Home app.
- In the top left corner of the app’s home screen, tap the menu icon (three horizontal lines).
- Select “Set up or add” and then choose “Set up device”.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to set up Chromecast on your Android TV.
Step 4: Connect Your iPhone to Chromecast
Now that you have set up Chromecast on your Android TV, it’s time to connect your iPhone to Chromecast:
- Open the Google Home app on your iPhone.
- In the top right corner of the app’s home screen, tap the Devices icon (a TV with Wi-Fi waves).
- Select your Android TV from the list of available devices.
- Tap “Set Up” and follow the on-screen instructions to connect your iPhone to Chromecast.
Step 5: Use Your iPhone as a Mouse for Your Android TV
Once you have successfully connected your iPhone to Chromecast, you can start using it as a mouse for your Android TV:
- On your iPhone, open any app or website that supports casting (e.g., YouTube, Netflix).
- Tap the Cast icon (a rectangle with Wi-Fi waves) in the top right corner of the app or website.
- Your iPhone screen will now be mirrored on your Android TV. You can use your finger to navigate and control your Android TV, just like a mouse!
If you want to disconnect your iPhone from Chromecast and switch back to using a traditional remote control, simply tap the Cast icon on your iPhone and select “Stop Casting”.
Using your iPhone as a mouse for your Android TV not only provides a more intuitive way to navigate, but it also opens up a world of possibilities with the ability to cast content from various apps and websites. So why not give it a try and enjoy a seamless and convenient TV viewing experience!