Transferring Wi-Fi passwords from one Android phone to another is a common issue faced by Android users. It can be a tedious process to manually enter the password every time you switch to a new device.
Fortunately, there are various ways to transfer Wi-Fi passwords from one Android phone to another. In this article, we’ll discuss some of the easy methods that you can use.
Method 1: Using Google Backup
If you have enabled Google Backup on your Android phone, then transferring Wi-Fi passwords becomes a lot easier. Here’s how:
- Step 1: On your old device, go to Settings and select System.
- Step 2: Tap on Backup and then choose Back up now.
- Step 3: Now on your new device, sign in with the same Google account used on your old device and restore the backup data.
This method will automatically transfer all the saved Wi-Fi passwords from your old device to your new one. However, make sure that you have enabled backup data for Wi-Fi passwords in your Google account settings.
Method 2: Using Third-Party Apps
If you do not want to use Google Backup or if it’s not available on your phone, there are various third-party apps that you can use to transfer Wi-Fi passwords between devices. Here are some popular ones:
- ShareIt: This app allows you to share files and also has a feature for transferring Wi-Fi passwords between devices.
- WiFi Password Recovery: This app can recover saved Wi-Fi passwords from an old device and then transfer them to a new one using QR codes.
- WiFi Passwords: This app can backup and restore all saved Wi-Fi passwords on your device, making it easy to transfer them to a new device.
Using these apps is simple. Just download and install them on both devices and follow the instructions provided by each app. You will be able to transfer Wi-Fi passwords in no time.
Method 3: Using Smart Switch
If you are switching from an old Samsung phone to a new one, then Samsung’s Smart Switch app can help you transfer Wi-Fi passwords along with other data. Here’s how:
- Step 1: Download and install the Smart Switch app on both devices.
- Step 2: Open the app on both phones and select Wireless.
- Step 3: Select Send on your old phone and Receive on your new phone.
- Step 4: Follow the prompts provided by the app to transfer all data, including Wi-Fi passwords, from your old phone to the new one.
This method is only applicable if you are switching from an old Samsung phone to a new one. However, if you are not using a Samsung device, you can still use Method 1 or Method 2 mentioned above.
Transferring Wi-Fi passwords between Android devices has become easier than ever before. By using Google Backup, third-party apps or Samsung’s Smart Switch app, you can easily transfer all saved Wi-Fi passwords from your old device to your new one without any hassle. So next time when you switch your Android device, don’t forget to try out these methods for transferring Wi-Fi passwords!