If you have a non-smart TV and want to enjoy the wide array of Android games available, you might be wondering if there’s a way to play them on your television. Fortunately, there are several methods you can try to achieve this. In this article, we will explore different ways to play Android games on a non-smart TV.
1. Use an Android TV Box
If your non-smart TV has an HDMI port, you can connect an Android TV box to it. An Android TV box is a small device that runs on the Android operating system and allows you to access various apps, including games, on your television.
Here’s how you can set up an Android TV box:
- Connect the HDMI cable from the Android TV box to your non-smart TV’s HDMI port.
- Connect the power adapter to the Android TV box and plug it into an electrical outlet.
- Turn on your non-smart TV and select the corresponding HDMI input.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to set up the Android TV box.
2. Use a Chromecast
If you own a Chromecast device, you can also play Android games on your non-smart TV. Chromecast is a media streaming device that plugs into your television’s HDMI port and allows you to cast content from your smartphone or tablet directly onto the big screen.
To cast Android games using Chromecast:
- Ensure that your Chromecast device is set up and connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your smartphone or tablet.
- Open the Google Home app on your mobile device.
- Tap on the “Cast” icon, which looks like a rectangle with Wi-Fi signal bars in the corner.
- Select your Chromecast device from the list of available devices.
- Open the Android game you want to play and it will be mirrored on your non-smart TV.
3. Connect a Gaming Console
If you own a gaming console such as an Xbox or PlayStation, you can connect it to your non-smart TV and play Android games. Some gaming consoles have built-in app stores where you can download and play Android games directly on your television.
To play Android games on a gaming console:
- Connect the HDMI cable from the gaming console to your non-smart TV’s HDMI port.
- Navigate to the app store on your gaming console and search for Android games.
- Download and install the desired Android game onto your gaming console.
Playing Android games on a non-smart TV is possible with the help of external devices such as an Android TV box, Chromecast, or a gaming console. These methods allow you to enjoy your favorite mobile games on the big screen, providing a more immersive experience. Choose the method that suits your needs and start enjoying Android games on your non-smart TV today!