When it comes to installing apps on your Android device, the most common method is to download them from the Google Play Store. But what if you want to install an app that isn’t available on the Play Store or has been removed?
This is where APK and XAPK files come in handy. In this tutorial, we will show you how to install apps using their .apk or .xapk files.
What are APK and XAPK files?
Before we dive into the installation process, let’s first understand what APK and XAPK files are. APK stands for Android Package Kit and is a file format used by Android operating system for distribution and installation of mobile apps.
On the other hand, XAPK files are a new way of distributing apps on Android devices. They contain both APK and OBB (data) files in one package.
Enabling Unknown Sources
To install any app using its .xapk file, you need to enable “Unknown Sources” on your Android device. By default, this option is disabled as it prevents the installation of apps from unknown sources that can harm your device. To enable Unknown Sources:
- Open “Settings” on your Android device.
- Scroll down and tap on “Security.”
- Under “Device administration,” toggle “Unknown sources” to ON.
Installing APK Files
Once you have enabled Unknown Sources, you can proceed with installing an app using its .apk file. Here’s how:
- Download the .apk file of the app you want to install from a trusted source.
- Navigate to the downloaded file using a file manager app.
- Tap on the .apk file to start the installation process.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the app.
Installing XAPK Files
Installing XAPK files is a bit different from installing APK files. Here’s how you can install an app using its .xapk file:
- Download the .xapk file of the app you want to install from a trusted source.
- Download and install the XAPK Installer app from the Google Play Store.
- Open the XAPK Installer app and tap on “Scan” to locate the .xapk file.
- Select the .xapk file and tap on “Install.”
- The app will be installed along with its OBB (data) files.
Installing apps using their .xapk files is a simple process that requires enabling Unknown Sources and downloading/installing either an APK or XAPK file. It’s important to only download these files from trusted sources to avoid any harm to your device. With this tutorial, you should now be able to install any app outside of the Google Play Store using its respective file format.