Are you tired of your Android app icons looking the same and want to give them a personalized touch? Fortunately, there are a few ways to customize your Android app icons without rooting or installing any third-party apps. In this tutorial, we’ll walk you through the steps to create custom app icons using built-in features on your Android device.
Using Icon Packs
One of the easiest ways to customize your Android app icons is by using icon packs. Icon packs are sets of customized icons for various apps that can be downloaded and applied directly from the Google Play Store. To use an icon pack, follow these simple steps:
- Open the Google Play Store on your device.
- Search for “icon packs” in the search bar.
- Browse through the available icon packs and select one that catches your eye.
- Install and open the icon pack application.
- Select the “Apply” option to apply the new icon pack to your device.
It’s important to note that not all apps have custom icons in an icon pack. If you find that some of your apps haven’t changed after applying an icon pack, you may need to manually change their icons.
Manually Changing App Icons
To manually change an app’s icon on your Android device, follow these steps:
- Long-press on the app icon you want to change.
- Select “Edit” or “Edit App” from the pop-up menu that appears.
- Select the current app icon (usually located at the top left of the screen).
- Select “Gallery Apps” or “Photos.”
- Browse through your gallery or photos and select an image you want to use as the new app icon.
- Adjust the image size and position as needed, then select “Save” or “Done.”
Creating Custom Icons
If you don’t have an image you want to use for your app icon, you can create one using various apps available on the Google Play Store. Some popular apps for creating custom icons include:
- Nova Launcher
- Icon Pack Studio
- Adaptive Icon Pack
These apps provide tools for creating or customizing icons to your liking. Once you’ve created your custom icon, follow the steps above to manually change the app’s icon.
Customizing your Android app icons is a simple way to personalize your device. By using built-in features or downloading an icon pack, you can easily switch up the look of your home screen and make it uniquely yours. Give it a try and see how much more enjoyable using your phone can become!