Subaru, known for its innovative features and cutting-edge technology, has been a leader in the automotive industry. With the rise of smartphones and their integration into our daily lives, it’s no surprise that drivers are looking for seamless connectivity options while on the road. One such feature that has gained popularity is Android Auto, which allows Android users to access their phone’s apps and functionalities through the car’s infotainment system.
What is Android Auto?
Android Auto is a smart driving companion that allows drivers to stay focused on the road while accessing their favorite apps and services from their Android devices. It provides a simple and intuitive interface, making it easy to navigate, send messages, make calls, and listen to music or podcasts without taking your eyes off the road.
Subaru and Android Auto Integration
Subaru recognizes the importance of offering advanced connectivity options to its customers. Starting with the 2019 model year, most Subaru vehicles come equipped with Android Auto compatibility. This means that if you own an Android device running Android 5.0 (Lollipop) or higher, you can connect it wirelessly to your Subaru’s infotainment system via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi.
Wireless Android Auto
Prior to 2021, Subaru required a USB cable connection for using Android Auto in their vehicles. However, with recent updates and advancements in technology, wireless Android Auto has become available in select Subaru models.
The Benefits of Wireless Android Auto
- Convenience: With wireless connectivity, you no longer need to hassle with connecting your phone via a cable every time you enter your car. Simply get in your Subaru and let it seamlessly connect to your phone.
- Reduced clutter: Say goodbye to tangled cables and messy cords in your car’s cabin.
Wireless Android Auto eliminates the need for a physical connection, resulting in a cleaner and more organized space.
- Freedom of movement: With wireless functionality, you can keep your phone in your pocket or bag and still access all the features and apps through the car’s infotainment system. This allows for safer driving as you don’t have to fumble with your phone while on the road.
Compatibility and Requirements
To utilize wireless Android Auto in your Subaru, there are a few requirements:
- Android version: Make sure your Android device is running Android 11 or above. Earlier versions may not support wireless connectivity.
- Vehicle compatibility: Not all Subaru models support wireless Android Auto.
Currently, it is available in select models like the Subaru Outback, Subaru Forester, and Subaru Crosstrek. Check with your local dealership for specific model availability.
- Firmware updates: Ensure that both your phone’s Android Auto app and your Subaru’s infotainment system are running the latest firmware versions to enable wireless connectivity.
Subaru understands the importance of seamless connectivity while on the move. With their commitment to providing innovative technology options, they have introduced wireless Android Auto in select models. This allows drivers to enjoy all the benefits of Android Auto without the hassle of cables, making driving a more enjoyable experience.
If you’re considering purchasing a new Subaru or already own one of their compatible models, be sure to explore the wireless Android Auto feature and take advantage of this convenient and cutting-edge technology.