The 2016 Toyota RAV4 is a popular choice among SUV enthusiasts, known for its reliability and versatility. One of the most frequently asked questions about this vehicle is whether it supports Android Auto, the smartphone integration system developed by Google. In this article, we will delve into the details and find out if the RAV4 2016 has Android Auto compatibility.
What is Android Auto?
Android Auto is a feature that allows users to connect their Android smartphones to their vehicles’ infotainment systems. It enables drivers to access various apps and features on their phones through the car’s touchscreen display. With Android Auto, users can make phone calls, send text messages, play music, use navigation apps, and much more – all while keeping their hands on the wheel and eyes on the road.
Does the RAV4 2016 support Android Auto?
Unfortunately, the RAV4 2016 does not come with built-in support for Android Auto. Although this may come as a disappointment to some potential buyers who rely heavily on their Android devices, it is important to note that Toyota has been gradually incorporating Android Auto in its newer models.
Toyota’s alternative: Entune App Suite
While the RAV4 2016 lacks native Android Auto compatibility, Toyota offers an alternative infotainment system called Entune App Suite. This proprietary platform provides a range of features similar to those offered by Android Auto.
Key features of Entune App Suite include:
- Navigation: The RAV4 2016 comes equipped with built-in navigation capabilities through Entune App Suite.
- Music streaming: Users can access popular music streaming services like Pandora and iHeartRadio directly from their vehicle’s touchscreen.
- Messaging: Entune App Suite allows drivers to send and receive messages hands-free using voice commands.
- Weather updates: Stay up-to-date with current weather conditions and forecasts right from your RAV4’s infotainment system.
Can you use Android Auto in the RAV4 2016?
While the RAV4 2016 does not have native Android Auto support, there are aftermarket options available that can enable Android Auto functionality in your vehicle. These solutions typically involve installing a third-party head unit that supports Android Auto.
Benefits of aftermarket Android Auto integration:
- Seamless integration: Aftermarket head units offer a seamless integration of Android Auto into your RAV4’s existing infotainment system.
- Enhanced features: With an aftermarket solution, you may gain access to additional features and apps that may not be available with the standard Entune App Suite.
- Upgraded user experience: Android Auto provides a user-friendly interface designed specifically for in-car use, making it easier and safer to interact with your smartphone while driving.
In conclusion, the RAV4 2016 does not have native support for Android Auto. However, Toyota provides its proprietary Entune App Suite as an alternative infotainment system.
If having Android Auto is a crucial requirement for you, exploring aftermarket options can help you integrate this functionality into your RAV4. Remember to carefully research and choose a reputable vendor or professional installer to ensure compatibility and proper installation.