Are you looking to stream your favorite PC games on your Android TV? If so, you might be wondering if you can use Steam Link on Android TV.
Well, the answer is YES! Steam Link is a fantastic app that allows you to play your PC games on other devices, including Android TV. In this article, we will guide you through the process of setting up and using Steam Link on your Android TV.
What is Steam Link?
Steam Link is an application developed by Valve Corporation that enables users to stream their PC games from a computer to other devices such as smartphones, tablets, and smart TVs. With Steam Link, you can enjoy playing your favorite PC games on the big screen of your Android TV without the need for a gaming console.
Before diving into the setup process, there are a few things you need:
- An Android TV device
- A gaming PC connected to the same network as your Android TV
- The Steam Link app installed on both your Android TV and gaming PC
- A stable network connection (preferably wired for optimal performance)
Setting Up Steam Link on Android TV
To get started with Steam Link on your Android TV:
Step 1: Install Steam Link App
1. Open the Google Play Store on your Android TV.
2. Search for “Steam Link” using the search bar at the top of the screen.
3. Select the official Steam Link app from Valve Corporation.
4. Click “Install” and wait for the app to download and install on your Android TV.
Step 2: Pair Your Android TV with Your Gaming PC
1. Launch the Steam Link app on your Android TV. On your gaming PC, open the Steam client and ensure that it is up to date. While in the Steam client, click on the “Steam” menu at the top left corner of the screen. Select “Settings” from the dropdown menu.
5. In the Settings window, click on “Remote Play” from the left-side menu.
6. Click on “Pair Steam Link” and follow the instructions to complete the pairing process between your Android TV and gaming PC. You may need to enter a PIN displayed on your Android TV into your gaming PC for authentication.
Step 3: Connect Your Controller
Note: If you have a compatible controller with your Android TV, you can skip this step if you prefer to use it instead of connecting a separate controller.
If you don’t have a compatible controller or prefer using a separate one:
1. Connect a compatible gamepad or controller to your Android TV via Bluetooth or USB.
Ensure that it is paired properly with your device.
Note: Some popular controllers like Xbox One and PlayStation 4 controllers are usually compatible with Android TVs without any additional setup required. Consult your controller’s manual for specific instructions if needed.
Note:The following steps assume that your gaming PC is turned on and connected to the same network as your Android TV.
1. The app should automatically detect your gaming PC. If not, make sure both devices are connected to the same network and try again. Select your gaming PC from the list of available devices on the Steam Link app. Once connected, you will see your Steam library on your Android TV screen.
You can navigate through your games using the controller or remote control of your Android TV.
Note: Some games might require additional configuration or optimization for the best experience. Refer to the game’s documentation or community forums for specific instructions if needed.
If you encounter any issues while setting up or using Steam Link on your Android TV, here are a few troubleshooting tips:
- Make sure both your gaming PC and Android TV are connected to the same network.
- Ensure that you have a stable network connection. Wired Ethernet connections generally provide better performance than Wi-Fi connections.
- If you experience input lag or performance issues, try lowering the streaming settings in the Steam Link app on your Android TV.
You can adjust settings like resolution, bitrate, and frame rate to optimize performance based on your network capabilities.
- If you’re encountering controller connectivity problems, check if there are any firmware updates available for your controller and install them if necessary. Restarting both devices can also help resolve connectivity issues in some cases.
Steam Link is a fantastic solution for streaming PC games to your Android TV. With a simple setup process and a stable network connection, you can enjoy playing your favorite PC games on the big screen of your Android TV without the need for additional hardware. Follow the steps outlined in this article to get started with Steam Link on your Android TV today!