Can I Watch iTunes Movies on Android TV?
As an Android TV user, you may wonder if it’s possible to watch your favorite movies and TV shows purchased from iTunes on your device. Unfortunately, the answer is not straightforward. Let’s dive into the details and explore your options.
Understanding the Limitations
One of the primary challenges is the Digital Rights Management (DRM) applied to content purchased from iTunes. DRM protects copyrighted material and restricts its usage to authorized devices only. As a result, iTunes movies and TV shows are encoded with Apple’s FairPlay DRM, which is incompatible with Android devices, including Android TV.
1. Convert iTunes Movies
If you want to play iTunes movies on your Android TV, one solution is to convert them into a compatible format. You can use third-party software like TunesKit DRM Media Converter, which can remove DRM protection and convert your iTunes movies into widely supported formats like MP4.
- Step 1: Download and install TunesKit DRM Media Converter on your computer.
- Step 2: Launch the software and click “Add Files” to import your purchased iTunes movies.
- Step 3: Select the output format as MP4 and choose a destination folder for the converted files.
- Step 4: Click “Convert” to start the conversion process.
- Step 5: Once the conversion is complete, transfer the converted files to your Android TV and enjoy watching them.
2. Use Movies Anywhere
Movies Anywhere is a platform that allows you to link your iTunes, Google Play, Amazon Prime Video, Vudu, and other accounts in one place. By linking your iTunes account to Movies Anywhere, you can access your purchased movies on various devices, including Android TV.
- Step 1: Download the Movies Anywhere app on your Android TV from the Google Play Store.
- Step 2: Sign up for a Movies Anywhere account or log in if you already have one.
- Step 3: Link your iTunes account to Movies Anywhere by following the on-screen instructions.
- Step 4: Once linked, you will be able to access your iTunes movies on your Android TV through the Movies Anywhere app.
The Bottom Line
In conclusion, while directly playing iTunes movies on Android TV is not possible due to DRM restrictions, you have a couple of workarounds available. You can either convert your iTunes movies using software like TunesKit DRM Media Converter or utilize the Movies Anywhere platform to access your purchased content on Android TV. With these options at hand, you can enjoy your favorite movies and TV shows on the big screen of your Android TV without limitations.
Note: It’s important to respect copyright laws and only use these methods for personal use with content that you own or have obtained legal rights for.