Are you switching from a Windows Phone to an Android device? If so, you may be wondering how to transfer your contacts.
While the process may seem daunting at first, it is actually quite simple. In this article, we will guide you through the steps to transfer contacts from Windows Phone to Android.
Option 1: Transfer Contacts Using Microsoft Account
If you have been using a Microsoft account to sync your contacts on your Windows Phone, transferring them to your new Android device is easy. Follow these steps:
- On your Windows Phone, go to Settings and tap on “email + accounts”.
- Select the Microsoft account that has your contacts and turn on the “Contacts” toggle.
- Wait for the sync process to complete.
- On your Android device, go to Settings and tap on “Accounts”.
- Add the same Microsoft account that you used on your Windows Phone.
- Turn on the “Contacts” toggle and wait for the sync process to complete.
Your contacts should now be available on your Android device.
Option 2: Transfer Contacts Using Transfer My Data app
If you don’t use a Microsoft account or prefer not to sync your contacts through it, you can use an app called Transfer My Data. This app is available for free on both Windows Store and Google Play Store. Follow these steps:
- On your Windows Phone, download and install Transfer My Data from the store.
- Open the app and select “Export to SD card”. This will create a VCF file containing all your contacts.
- Transfer this VCF file to your Android device using a USB cable or cloud storage service.
- On your Android device, open the Contacts app and tap on the three dots in the top right corner.
- Select “Import/export” > “Import from USB storage” and select the VCF file you transferred earlier.
- Wait for the import process to complete.
Option 3: Transfer Contacts Using Gmail
If you have a Gmail account, you can use it to transfer your contacts from Windows Phone to Android. Follow these steps:
- On your Windows Phone, go to People app and tap on the three dots in the bottom right corner.
- Select “Settings” > “Accounts” > “Add an account”.
- Select “Google” and enter your Gmail account credentials.
- Add the same Gmail account that you used on your Windows Phone.
Transferring contacts from Windows Phone to Android may seem like a daunting task, but it is actually quite easy. You can use a Microsoft account, Transfer My Data app or Gmail to transfer your contacts. Choose whichever method works best for you and enjoy using your new Android device with all of your important contacts at hand!