Are you looking to install APKs on your Mi Box? If so, you’re in luck as it’s definitely possible. In this article, we’ll explore how you can do just that.
What is an APK?
Before we dive into the installation process, let’s first define what an APK is. An APK is a file format used for installing software on Android devices. It stands for Android Package Kit and typically has a .apk extension.
Why Install APKs on Mi Box?
Mi Box runs on Android TV OS, which means it has access to the Google Play Store. However, there may be times when certain apps or games aren’t available on the Play Store or need to be sideloaded via an APK file. Additionally, some users prefer to use alternative app stores that aren’t available on the Play Store.
Steps to Install APKs on Mi Box
Now that we’ve covered why you might want to install an APK on your Mi Box let’s dive into the steps required:
Step 1: Enable Unknown Sources
To install APK files from sources other than the Google Play Store, you need to enable “Unknown Sources” in your Mi Box settings. Here’s how:
- Go to Settings from your home screen.
- Select Device Preferences.
- Select Security & Restrictions.
- Scroll down and toggle Unknown sources ON.
Step 2: Download and Transfer the APK File
Next up, download the desired APK file onto your computer or directly onto your Mi Box browser. Once downloaded, transfer it onto a USB drive or any other external storage device.
Step 3: Install the APK File
Once you have transferred the file onto your external storage device,
follow these steps:
- Insert the external storage device into your Mi Box.
- Go to the File Manager app and select the external storage device.
- Locate the APK file you just transferred and click on it.
- Select Install. If prompted, confirm that you want to install the app.
- The installation process will begin, and once complete, the app will be available in your app list.
In conclusion, installing APKs on Mi Box is a simple process that requires enabling unknown sources, downloading and transferring the APK file, and then installing it on your device. Now that you know how to do it, you can explore alternative apps not available through Google Play Store or sideload apps that aren’t yet available for Android TV OS.