Can I Connect an Android TV to Google Home?
If you own both an Android TV and a Google Home, you might be wondering if it’s possible to connect the two devices. The good news is, yes, you can connect your Android TV to Google Home and enjoy the benefits of voice control and seamless integration. In this tutorial, we will walk you through the steps to set up the connection between your Android TV and Google Home.
Before we begin, make sure you have the following:
- An Android TV device
- A Google Home device
- A stable internet connection
- The Google Home app installed on your smartphone or tablet
Step 1: Set up your Android TV
The first step is to ensure that your Android TV is properly set up and connected to the internet. Follow these steps:
- Connect your Android TV device to your television and turn it on.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to connect your Android TV to Wi-Fi or Ethernet.
- Make sure that your Android TV is running on a compatible version of Android (typically version 5.0 or higher).
Step 2: Set up your Google Home device
If you haven’t already set up your Google Home device, follow these steps:
- Plug in your Google Home device and wait for it to power on.
- Download and install the Google Home app from the Play Store or App Store on your smartphone or tablet.
- Open the Google Home app and sign in with your Google account.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to set up your Google Home device. This typically involves connecting it to your Wi-Fi network.
Step 3: Connect your Android TV to Google Home
Now that both your Android TV and Google Home devices are set up, it’s time to connect them together:
- Open the Google Home app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Tap on the ‘+’ icon at the top left corner of the screen to add a new device.
- Select “Set up device” and choose “Have something already set up?”
- Scroll down and tap on “Android TV” from the list of available devices.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to link your Android TV with Google Home. This may involve signing in with your Google account and granting necessary permissions.
Step 4: Test the connection
Once you have successfully connected your Android TV to Google Home, it’s time to test if everything is working correctly:
- Ensure that both your Android TV and Google Home devices are turned on and connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Say “Hey Google” or “OK Google” followed by a command such as “Play [your favorite show] on [your Android TV’s name].”
- Note: Make sure you use the name you assigned to your Android TV during setup.
If everything is set up correctly, you should see your chosen show playing on your Android TV. You can also use voice commands to control the volume, pause, resume, or even launch apps on your Android TV.
Connecting your Android TV to Google Home opens up a world of convenience and hands-free control. With just a few simple steps, you can enjoy the benefits of voice commands and seamless integration between your Android TV and Google Home. So go ahead and connect them today!