Are you tired of seeing the same boring app icons on your Android device? Do you wish to add some personality and flair to your home screen?
Well, good news – you can change app icons on Android! In this tutorial, we’ll explore the different ways you can customize your app icons and make your phone truly unique.
What are App Icons?
Before we dive into how to change app icons, it’s important to understand what they are. App icons are small images that represent applications on your home screen.
They allow you to quickly identify and access the apps you use most frequently. By default, Android comes with pre-installed app icons that are specific to each application. However, with a little bit of effort, you can easily change them.
How to Change App Icons on Android
There are a few different methods for changing app icons on Android. Let’s take a look at the most popular options:
Method 1: Using a Custom Launcher
A custom launcher is an application that replaces the default launcher on your device. It allows you to customize various aspects of your phone’s interface including the app icon appearance. Here’s how to use a custom launcher to change app icons:
- Step 1: Download and install a custom launcher from the Google Play Store. Some popular options include Nova Launcher, Apex Launcher, and Microsoft Launcher.
- Step 2: Open the custom launcher and go to its settings.
- Step 3: Look for an option called “Icon Pack” or “Themes.”
This will allow you to choose from different icon packs or themes that will change the appearance of all your app icons at once.
- Step 4: If you want more control over individual app icons, look for an option called “Edit” or “Customize.” This will allow you to change the appearance of individual app icons by selecting a new image from your phone’s gallery.
- Step 5: Once you’re happy with your customizations, exit the settings and enjoy your newly customized app icons!
Method 2: Using an Icon Pack
An icon pack is a collection of custom app icons that can be applied to your device without changing the launcher. Here’s how to use an icon pack to change app icons:
- Step 1: Download and install an icon pack from the Google Play Store. Some popular options include CandyCons, Whicons, and Pixel Icon Pack.
- Step 2: Open the icon pack application and select the “Apply” option.
- Step 3: Choose which launcher you want to apply the icon pack to.
If you’re not sure which launcher you’re using, select “All Launchers. “
- Step 4: Follow the prompts to apply the icon pack. This may involve setting up a new shortcut or widget on your home screen.
- Step 5: Enjoy your newly customized app icons!
Method 3: Manually Changing App Icons
If you don’t want to use a custom launcher or an icon pack, you can still manually change individual app icons on your device. Here’s how:
- Step 1: Find an image that you want to use as your new app icon. You can download these images from various sources including Google Images or Pinterest.
- Step 2: Long-press on the app whose icon you want to change.
This will bring up a menu of options.
- Step 3: Select “Edit” or “App Info. “
- Step 4: Look for an option called “Icon” or “Change Icon.” This may be located under a submenu.
- Step 5: Select the new image from your phone’s gallery and save your changes.
Changing app icons on Android is a great way to customize your device and make it truly your own. Whether you choose to use a custom launcher, an icon pack, or manually change individual app icons, the process is easy and straightforward. So go ahead – get creative and have fun with it!